A&H

Extra time & pens following me around

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Done 15 games so far this season (not all cup obviously!) but have already had 3 x et with two of those going to pens.

Previously I only seem to remember having extra time/pens once or twice during the whole campaign.

Anyone else on a long run of et or no et cup games?

The Referee Store
For a spell of about three years you could pretty much guarantee that if I did a cup game it would go to extra time and usually penalties. You could almost hear the groans from the assistants when they got appointed as they knew they'd be in for a late night ... :(

11 cup fixtures last season, only two went to AET.

The first went to 3-3, was won 4-3 in AET, that was in December, monsoon weather but 3G pitch. Was assessed and it was that match that kickstarted my season as I was having a horrible time until then.

Other one was, amazingly, 0-0 at full time, 1-2 AET and was a very boring game, that had just the one key event. Home team player kicked out when he won a foul, so got sent off. Home team took the lead in extra time and I thought they had it in the bag because it was one of those games nothing was going to go in, and then up pop the away team to bang in two and steal it.

Only 2 cup games this season so far, 1 went to AET, that was 4-4 at full time, 4-8AET, crap weather for that one too.

Last season I had one team in 3 cup competitions and all 3 ties went to extra time and penalties - they won them all.

Can we swap games?! I've never had penalties! I keep hoping my cup games will go to penalties, but no luck. Yesterday, 1-1 and it's looking like nobody is going to score. It's no ET and straight to penalties, I'm starting to get excited. 15 mins to go, keeper drops an absolute howler and it ends 2-1

Back