A&H

Everton v Liverpool - Rodwell sending off

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Wasn't a red for me. Don't even think it was a foul to be honest.

There was a worse challenge by Hibbert later on that went completely unpunished

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
Rodwell = never even a yellow, good challenge. Hibbert's was the red card, and there were a few other challenges that went unpunished also.

I thInk mr Atkinson has to take a good hard look at him self this morning. I hate managers using refs as scapegoats but everton were stiched up there (and Im a Liverpool fan) however what comes around goes and hibbert should have gone.

its a shame he took that decision in the 23rd minute, it ruins a game. That said a red is a red. For me it wasnt even a foul. A derby game you expect it to be full bloodied. But whats the worst part for me is his position to the incident couldn't really have been any better.

its a shame he took that decision in the 23rd minute, it ruins a game. That said a red is a red. For me it wasnt even a foul. A derby game you expect it to be full bloodied. But whats the worst part for me is his position to the incident couldn't really have been any better.

With regards to his positioning (and im no expert) would you not have said that he might have been TOO close?

Too close? Sometimes the game is so fast you can't do anything about it. I got tackled last night!

With regards to his positioning (and im no expert) would you not have said that he might have been TOO close?

I was at a new ref's course on Sunday and we had a chat about this. The feedback we gave to the new ref's was the angle he had, ideally would be side on.

Back