A&H

Everton Swans massive dive

The Referee Store
Cautioned him but absolutely no doubt about the intent there. Night to forget for Mr Moss sadly. If I’m being generous I can understand the first penalty at full speed. Incorrectly cautioned Holgate for that free kick early in the first half which seems to have started a downward spiral for him. There was also the free kick given to Swansea for an arm in the face which was otherwise unpunished as well.

Red card indeed, pre meditated, chased him 40 yards up pitch to " do" him
Its at speed, its endangering, no regard for safety, no chance of playing ball, its a lunge and throw in its pre meditated, RC.
holgate not a fk, far less caution

Pk yes.

Was watching from a distance on a small screen but looked like Swnsea player had 2 seperate Everton players by the throat too. Although that might not be what happened in fine detail

Last edited:
"Intent"...."pre meditated"....

Words that have no bearing when deciding a disciplinary sanction for a challenge......

Indeed not and agreed but if someone is chasing someone up the park with a view to do them, it takes it out of the reckless catergory and into the, no attempt to play ball, no chance of playing ball, only looking to endanger/no regard for safety catergory
If you have doubt as to yellow or red, the fact he clearly MEANT to do it should tip you from orange to the correct call, red.

However your thought process works, mine on this incident would have got me to the correct call, a red card.

I don't think he clipped his own heel. He was caught, probably just outside of the area, and then as he fell his heels came together. Certainly not one for retrospective action.

I don't think he clipped his own heel. He was caught, probably just outside of the area, and then as he fell his heels came together. Certainly not one for retrospective action.
I disagree. Watch some more replays. There is one angle that is damning. I think there was contact outside the box, but Kenny has then pulled the classic self-clip to go down.

His heels are definitely clipped, which causes them to clash together so I am fine with the foul. I do think it was outside the box though.

A red card for the Kenny tackle would have been a huge surprise.

His heels are definitely clipped, which causes them to clash together so I am fine with the foul. I do think it was outside the box though.

As ever, a pic does not tell the whole story. but, as i cant find the actual clip, here it is, mid air, and he was actually mid air, 2 feet off ground, into the back of the Swansea players leg, no attempt or chance to play the ball, its at top speed and, endangering safety. The only thing that was not a surprise was the brawl that took place because of this tackle. Throw in that the Everton player chased the Swansea player 40 yards up the park to do this (which some folk think does not come into consideration), then, I dont see how it can be anything other than a red. What actually happens in the milliseconds to follow this pic is Everton players right studs are raked down the Swansea players back of right leg. And if we want to analyse what we see to the nth degree, look at the Everton players face/eyes.....are they on the ball, or the target of the Swansea players leg. If that pic does not endanger an opponents safety (which we know in itself is a red card) before any lunges/chances of playing ball/speed of challenge etc come into it, then, I really am lost as to what a red card for SFP is

Attachments

• swan.jpg
    swan.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 18
Haven't seen this one yet, massive weekend re-building a house inside for my daughter, these old bones needed a recharge and an early night!!

I think Kenny has successfully conned a lot of people!

From behind, and fair play to Moss, it is hard to see what effect the contact has. But from the front, it looks clear to me that Kenny's stuck his own toes into the back of his ankle in the classic, well, let's call it "the Spanish trip". This is a first class dive for me!

I think Kenny has successfully conned a lot of people!

From behind, and fair play to Moss, it is hard to see what effect the contact has. But from the front, it looks clear to me that Kenny's stuck his own toes into the back of his ankle in the classic, well, let's call it "the Spanish trip". This is a first class dive for me!
Not so sure myself I think there may well be contact which causes the trip. Also, after a half-hearted attempt to deny responsibility, the defender points outside the box as if to say "I know it was a foul but it definitely wasn't a penalty."

Back