A&H

Euro 2021 - Turkey Vs Italy

bester

RefChat Addict
On the red button to avoid Jenas so can't rewind but did the assistant give offside from a corner kick in the first couple of minutes of the second half?

The Referee Store
I have an eye on the game, other on my phone...

Heard the offside called, missed it but half watched the replay, missed the juicy bit but what I DID see, I couldn't work out where the offside was.

Could do with a clip!

It must have been, at the next corner he gestured for him to be on the field of play so the player stood on the line

Basic error in law.
He's either left FOP without permission, or he had left FOP during normal course of play (my preferred option here).
1 thing is for sure he is not offside!

The assistant has just had a brain fart. Shouldn't be happening at that level but we've all done stupid things, just not on live TV shown all over the world.

I had to use the rewind function as I couldn't comprehend that an elite level assistant had given offside from a corner, and was doubting myself.

Reactions: one
This is a case of the brain not being able to process two exceptions at the same time. He concentrated on the slightly more complex exception of attacker being off the field for purposes of offside and completely forgot about corner exception for offside.

I am sure he would have had those if they happened individually. But at this level, the expectations are a lot higher I'm afraid. The same goes for the referee who should have overruled as the error is very obvious.

This is a case of the brain not being able to process two exceptions at the same time. He concentrated on the slightly more complex exception of attacker being off the field for purposes of offside and completely forgot about corner exception for offside.

I am sure he would have had those if they happened individually. But at this level, the expectations are a lot higher I'm afraid. The same goes for the referee who should have overruled as the error is very obvious.

Probably ! Together with excessive nerves...

I'd not thought of the player being off the FoP but you can be 8 inches (diameter of the ball) outside the FoP and keep the ball in play so I'm not giving that. Unless he shouted, "Give it me I'm off the field and can't be offside" it's hard to find an excuse for the AR.

If the ref did overrule, it's either "play on not offside", or do what for a restart? The corner was taken properly....

If the ref did overrule, it's either "play on not offside", or do what for a restart? The corner was taken properly....
By overrule I meant don't stop play so no need to restart. But if he did stop play it would be a dropped ball to white.

uncontested drop ball by the attacking team in the final third ? What could possibly go wrong ? lol
Pretty much the same as a corner kick (which the white team had before it was unfairly taken away from them). A bit of better angle but offside is in play now. Shoudn't have come to this though.

Back