A&H

World Cup ESP v. NED

Ryan Owens

Token Colonial
Level 3 Referee
Well the good news is that the ARs have finally seemed to get it right; the bad news: that pen was pretty dubious.

The Referee Store
Looked absolutely stone wall in real time. Looks like he left his leg in to make sure he was caught on the replay, hate to see that.

One positive though, that was a stunning goal from the Dutch!

Not the score expected...

The end of Spain. Possible 2nd round against Brazil for them.

im shocked on how poor spain were tonight but least there was only one mistake which was foul on cassias

Deeply impressed by our Dutch neighbours. They won't be able to continue like this however, from now on they will be considered as favourites to be first in their group (perhaps even for the finals?).

Spain should now introduce some of the 'new', enthusiastic players (Koke, Cazorla...) and rest some of the dissapointing 'oldies'.
They will recover from this, as this game was nothing more than a momentum.

Reactions: SM
Brilliant game of football (although slightly biased, since my national allegiances are NZ first, Scotland second, Netherlands third). Thought Rizzoli and his team had a good game - penalty is dubious on the replay, but hard to fault him for the call with one look in real time.

Well no Colt, that's the thing: Spain have a tonne of great young players who should be getting playing time but Del Bosque is too emotional about his old boys with whom he won several championships.

Well no Colt, that's the thing: Spain have a tonne of great young players who should be getting playing time but Del Bosque is too emotional about his old boys with whom he won several championships.
Yes, I agree with you on that, hence the reason I said most but when he keeps playing Torres and players like that you wonder how you think they stand a chance in winning...

Why not try a 4-4-2?

Reina; Juanfran, Piqué, Ramos, Azpilicueta; Silva, Iniesta, Alonso, Koke; Villa, Costa

Keep the good elements of the tiki-taka and insert some physical, Atletico-style physical parts.

And do keep Torres benched.

Back