A&H

English Grassroots Return

The Referee Store
A tweet from North Riding

UPDATE | Following this afternoon's Government update we are aware many people will be awaiting a response on football specifically.

The @FA are working with the @DCMS & Government, and when the guidance is confirmed we will publish and share with our clubs and leagues. https://t.co/JTf6KD0FGA

Guidelines been released tonight for the cricket league I play in, which will be relatively similar to the football regs you'd imagine. Slightly shorter games, no changing rooms to be open, advised to wear face coverings when sharing cars, social distancing to be kept before/after the game. Hand sanitising to take place before, after and during any breaks in the game.

advised to wear face coverings when sharing cars, .

Makes sense, I'm sure i commented that would be a way around players sharing vehicles to games previously.

It's not completely risk free, but the risk is very much minimal.

Scotland phase 3 announced for tomorrow but was mentioned adult sports wont be returning.
The pyramid group (or whatever their proper name is) are aiming to restart the Lowland, East of Scotland, West of Scotland, and South of Scotland leagues from the end of September. They’re also aiming for training from the start of August. If that gets the go-ahead then I reckon that amateur football will start then as well - and that’ll then be all football back. (Youth football can start training from Monday I think)

So we seem to be moving forward - simplified version = grassroots can train (almost) without restriction now, play friendlies in August with a view to a return in September - all positive.

Back