A&H

England v Poland

Matthew

RefChat Addict
Credit where it's due, I thought the ref in the England game tonight was excellent. Kept the game moving well and wasn't overawed by the occasion, hardly even noticed him!

The Referee Store
Very good ref I thought.

I was at Wembley and one thing I noticed (call me sad) but the bench side AR at both HT and FT ran straight off and towards the tunnel. He didn't join the referee and other assistant on the pitch as you usually see. Wonder why that was?

That is slightly sad :D

You only usually see that happen when there's a threat to safety (pitch invasion etc) so it was odd. Thinking about it, I noticed the same thing at City v Bayern, the linesman shot off down the tunnel at the end of both halves. Maybe a European thing?

I thought it might be loo related at the end of the first half but then to do it again at FT....too much Lucozade possibly.

Yes its gone from sad to weird. I'll get my coat and be out of here :)

Even during a pitch invasion I would be wanting to go off as a 3 (though at a much quicker pace!). There is safety in numbers as they say.

Very good ref I thought.

I was at Wembley and one thing I noticed (call me sad) but the bench side AR at both HT and FT ran straight off and towards the tunnel. He didn't join the referee and other assistant on the pitch as you usually see. Wonder why that was?

That's a UEFA directive: one member of the team goes to the tunnel to supervise there, the fourth stays on the touchline to supervise there and the other four officials congregate in the middle and leave together once everyone left.

Back