A&H

England v Cameroon WWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
What the heck was that all about?
Maybe the Cameroon contingency haven't been informed about VAR. Poor flag by AR2 obviously

The Referee Store
I thought the referee was really weak and needed to start giving some cautions. Same as on the IDFK, it took an age and the players refused to move back, then one player charged out twice as soon as the whistle was blown yet no action.

I can only assume that the Cameroon players thought that the England player on the far side of the area was off, but she was miles away from play so obviously not interfering.

The players didn't seem to understand what had occurred, despite it being very obvious

It sounds like they showed the image in the stadium. They probably saw the far side player who was offside and didn't realize the ball went to the onside player. Very bizarre.

The length of time the delay went on, I think she should have started at least warning them that bookings were becoming a distinct possibility. She seemed perfectly happy for them to delay the restart for as long as they wanted.

Not 100% convinced the ball was deliberately kicked to the Cameroon keeper for the first goal, mind. Looked a lot like poor control to me.

I thought the referee was really weak and needed to start giving some cautions. Same as on the IDFK, it took an age and the players refused to move back, then one player charged out twice as soon as the whistle was blown yet no action.

I can only assume that the Cameroon players thought that the England player on the far side of the area was off, but she was miles away from play so obviously not interfering.
I think they were probably aggrieved because under normal circumstances, a flag on the play is final. Given that the ARs are not meant to flag for tight calls, it's a scenario that may not have been seen yet. Even so, fundamental VAR involvement so the players were wrong to behave as they did

Do the VAR bods get a winners medal when this is all done? They seem to want to be part of the action at every juncture!! (correct decision though)

Do the VAR bods get a winners medal when this is all done? They seem to want to be part of the action at every juncture!! (correct decision though)
Although the review took far longer than it should have, the major delay on this occasion was down to the players not understanding the rules. You'd think if you were a professional at any discipline, you'd have a basic knowledge of the game :egg:
Its another long delay though, albeit indirectly caused by VAR (or possibly AR2) on this occasion

I really thought this match would end in abandonment after the Cameroon disallowed goal.

You'd abandon at grassroots level, right?

Anyone else not agree with showing VAR on the screens?? Makes the penalised team frel like they’re being ‘cheated’ on very close decisions

Anyone else not agree with showing VAR on the screens?? Makes the penalised team frel like they’re being ‘cheated’ on very close decisions

I can't help but laugh at this post. Ever since VAR was introduced, without a doubt the most common complaint both on here and in the media has been not showing the people in the stadium what happened. To see someone suggest they shouldn't should it is pretty comical.

Not sure the elbow had enough to it to be worth a red. VAR apparently didn't think so either (no review). The spitting looked to be very possibly inadvertent. Again, VAR didn't recommend a review.

Nobody will miss Cameroon after this performance, disgraceful attitude. And to accuse them of racism as well is a real low point

Disappointing that the referee didn’t even issue a single booking throughout all the protests either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back