A&H

England Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Which team have had the most England internationals in one game and how many?? They did it 8 times too that season!!

The Referee Store
Scholes, Beckham, both Nevilles, Butt, Sheringham and Cole?

Edit. Add Wes Brown ?

Double edit, replace Phil Neville with Brown and you get 7 playing the same game.

Last edited:
(you forgot to say no Google)
ARSENAL 1934
The first club to dominate the English national team were Arsenal, when seven of their players were named against Italy in a game later nicknamed ‘The Battle of Highbury’.The ferocity of the then World Cup holders caused injuries to many England stars.

England 3-2 Italy, Friendly, November 1934, Highbury
Frank Moss (Arsenal), George Male (Arsenal), John Barker (Derby), Edris Hapgood (Arsenal), Cliff Britton (Everton), Wilf Copping (Arsenal), Stanley Matthews (Stoke), Eric Brook (Manchester City), Cliff Bastin (Arsenal), Ray Bowden (Arsenal), Ted Drake (Arsenal)

That season this team had 13 current international of which 11 were English, for 8 games, 10 England internationals played from the start!

SF - I think your original question was ambiguously worded. It could be read - and was by me (and most others, as far as I can tell based on their responses) to mean which team had the most players from their club side in an England International match, not in a league game.

Unless it was deliberately worded to confuse, of course.

SF - I think your original question was ambiguously worded. It could be read - and was by me (and most others, as far as I can tell based on their responses) to mean which team had the most players from their club side in an England International match, not in a league game.

Unless it was deliberately worded to confuse, of course.
Excuse the questions wording but it was perfectly clear that it was a league team as I referred to 8 times in a season. When have we ever talked about England matches as a season?? We may say certain competitions or years but never seasons??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back