A&H

ENG v ESP

The Referee Store
Comedy defending by Henderson for Spain's second. He's in that spot to protect the front post, yet instead tried to catch them offside then unsuccessfully appealed for it.

Referee has been good so far.

Some baffling second half decisions, although I'm not sure Makkelie was behind them. First was the Stones foul and caution, but I'm sure the AAR gave that as there was a very long delay by the referee.

Last minute disallowed goal, again I think the AAR has got involved. If it is for a foul on De Gea that is ridiculous as there is no way that was a foul. If it was for Welbeck pushing the defender I'd be more supportive, but I'm struggling to see how the AAR could have seen that and Makkelie showed no indication initially that he wasn't happy with the goal.

Some baffling second half decisions, although I'm not sure Makkelie was behind them. First was the Stones foul and caution, but I'm sure the AAR gave that as there was a very long delay by the referee.

Last minute disallowed goal, again I think the AAR has got involved. If it is for a foul on De Gea that is ridiculous as there is no way that was a foul. If it was for Welbeck pushing the defender I'd be more supportive, but I'm struggling to see how the AAR could have seen that and Makkelie showed no indication initially that he wasn't happy with the goal.
I thought he gave the goal at first, it should have stood.

Welbecks is a foul. He makes very little effort to challenge for the ball and jumps into De Geas path and pretty much backs into him whilst he is in the air. Soft or no, if Welbeck doesnt collide with the keeper he more than likely doesnt drop the ball.

Welbecks is a foul. He makes very little effort to challenge for the ball and jumps into De Geas path and pretty much backs into him whilst he is in the air. Soft or no, if Welbeck doesnt collide with the keeper he more than likely doesnt drop the ball.
Agreed but if he gives the decision straight away (before Welbeck puts it in the net) then there's a few complaints for 30 seconds and then people move on but he undermines his own decision by delaying.

With the Stones one if he gives the foul - which is wrong - he has to send him off for dogso surely so I think he has bottled that one as he's obviously not sure whether it's a foul

It could be worse, we could be getting stuffed by Belgium! Hold on..... we did get stuffed by Belgium... twice 👍

This. Just seen it for the first time. It's a very easy foul to give IMHO.

The Stones one I am surprised. I thought it was a very good tackle and even though there was contact, doesn't reach careless for me.

Great decision on the disallowed goal for me.
There wasn't a lot in it - but the attacker clipped the keeper's leg in mid-air. That's a careless foul. That affected the keeper's mid-air balance, which is why he brought the ball down on his head. The push on the defender could have warranted a foul. Wouldn't expect it at this level, but there's definitely a push there taking the defender out of the equation.

Agreed but if he gives the decision straight away (before Welbeck puts it in the net) then there's a few complaints for 30 seconds and then people move on but he undermines his own decision by delaying.

With the Stones one if he gives the foul - which is wrong - he has to send him off for dogso surely so I think he has bottled that one as he's obviously not sure whether it's a foul
You disallow the goal, you're going to get the team in your face anyway. I only saw the highlights. Did he discuss it with the AAR? I think it makes sense to discuss it with the official who's right there, especially given the huge match impact - and the fact that it isn't a hugely obvious foul

Welbeck is making it awkward for De Gea perfectly normal forward play. Defenders constantly do this when they caught under the ball / attacker has a run on them.

Back