A&H

End of season

ref craig

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Well after another year on the green stuff some good some bad performances and a lot of yellows 1 red and 4 misconduct reports I can kindly say I want a break for abit

The Referee Store
I don't know off the top of my head. Would need to go through all my match cards.

More red cards during my last 5 games than the whole of the rest of the season though. Players can get crazy towards the end of the season. Nothing to play for sometimes equals not caring about being sent off.

I'm going to say this again, please stop getting so concerned about card count, it rarely says much about their refereeing ability (unless it is at either extreme) and it is certainly not a competition! Yes, ask people how their season has gone, but leave the cards out! Asking people their highest/lowest assessment marks or their average would be the only information I can think people may want to share (if willing!). No other stat rarely says anything about the referee.

Pier with hold your respect the last 3 seasons I have done it this way if you do not like it then ignore it, as simple as that

I'm not saying don't keep a card count as you are more than entitled to do that! All I'm saying is don't publish it or ask others to!

25 games, 72 cautions, 9 dismissals and 3 misconduct reports.

Last season 24 games, 50 cautions, 4 dismissals and 1 misconduct report.

Lot more OA games this season...

Brian, I'd like to wish you all the very best in your retirement as an active match official.
I hope you enjoy doing even more assessing next season and continue to develop & improve referees, both through assessments and in your role as a tutor.

As and when I'm next up in Leeds, we'll have to meet for a beer or two! If you're down in London, feel free to drop me a message!

Brian, I'd like to wish you all the very best in your retirement as an active match official.
I hope you enjoy doing even more assessing next season and continue to develop & improve referees, both through assessments and in your role as a tutor and on this forum.

As and when I'm next up in Leeds, we'll have to meet for a beer or two! If you're down in London, feel free to drop me a message!

Fixed that for you Dan. :)

Very kind chaps but I'm just a fat bald bloke who ran around a field blowing a whistle, waving my arms and shouting at people (my son's description ... apparently I shout and point a lot in my games).

I've been involved in around 450 games over 15 seasons and about 100 more in tournament football. Most of what can happen on a football field has probably happened when I've been on the field or watching with a pen and pad in my hand. Doesn't mean I'm always right but I can usually get close :)

Enjoy your summer!

Back