A&H

Email address

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Hey guys,

A few years ago I went to an RA meeting where the guest speaker (can not remember who) gave a lot of suggestions on how to best to deal with admin and keeping on top of things.
The biggest thing that was key to me that was to have a completely separate email address so that you can not lose any of your referee emails, important things etc.
So I went home and created a new email address which included referee in it.
I've been told that this is not allowed. I'm not disclosing who said it but I should look to change it.

Any ideas as to why this might be frowned upon?

Just a little confused.

The Referee Store
Hey guys,

A few years ago I went to an RA meeting where the guest speaker (can not remember who) gave a lot of suggestions on how to best to deal with admin and keeping on top of things.
The biggest thing that was key to me that was to have a completely separate email address so that you can not lose any of your referee emails, important things etc.
So I went home and created a new email address which included referee in it.
I've been told that this is not allowed. I'm not disclosing who said it but I should look to change it.

Any ideas as to why this might be frowned upon?

Just a little confused.
Not sure, I know a few with referee-specific addresses. I don't struggle to see referee emails amongst my normal emails anyway so not a problem in my eyes.

Wtf

Who is saying this!? Have they given you a reason why?

I'm with @JH mind, never had an issue picking refereeing emails up in my personal gmail account.

I'm not going to reveal because don't want to get in trouble for appearing to moan.

I get what @JH and yourself are saying but I get, on average, 20 emails a day and if I'm not on top of them they get lost in the inbox and if I need to go back a few days for one that is potentially 60-100 emails to go back through .

I'm not going to reveal because don't want to get in trouble for appearing to moan.

I get what @JH and yourself are saying but I get, on average, 20 emails a day and if I'm not on top of them they get lost in the inbox and if I need to go back a few days for one that is potentially 60-100 emails to go back through .
Nothing wrong with having a separate email (usually). You could also set filters to send your referee emails to folders but that's a bit more work.

I have a separate email address and have done for several years, is consists of my name followed by .referee

No one has ever said anything about it

Although I don't, some of my referee friends have an email account with domain @refs.net.au

I use my .refchat and my .refsworld-uk email addresses no one has batted an eyelid

Back