A&H

Ear Ring but no Ear Ring ....

OIREF!

RefChat Addict
I had an interesting one this past Saturday. A player presented himself for the pre match inspection with a tape covering his left ear lobe. When challenged he said that he wasn't actually wearing an ear ring and the tape was simply to protect the hole - he proved this by removing the tape. I've never come across this before and had no issues with the tape in these circumstances.

Should I have insisted that it was the same colour as his shirt/shorts/socks!!?

The Referee Store
has anyone come across, you know those guys that have the stretched piercings? even if they take the actual jewellery out, its leaves a hole big enough for fingers to get into....

no, it would need to be the same colour as his ear
:D:p:p:p:D:p:p:p:D Awesome.

The dangling hole where a piercing once was is quite an unusual problem. We do have one player local to me who has a pair of solid black rubber disc things which he puts in his dangling skin gaps. No more hole, no exposed bits to snag. I always let him play with them in rather than risk his ear getting caught and ripping open.

perhals I should have told him they needed to be skin coloured? :D

Reactions: es1
The dangling hole where a piercing once was is quite an unusual problem. We do have one player local to me who has a pair of solid black rubber disc things which he puts in his dangling skin gaps. No more hole, no exposed bits to snag. I always let him play with them in rather than risk his ear getting caught and ripping open.

I forget his name but I'm sure there was a Stoke player a few years ago who appearing to be wearing studs in his ears. Supposedly these were plugs to fill the hole and had been specially approved.

I forget his name but I'm sure there was a Stoke player a few years ago who appearing to be wearing studs in his ears. Supposedly these were plugs to fill the hole and had been specially approved.

Ricardo Fuller yep i think he filled the holes with rolled up tissue... made such a tidy job of it they looked like proper studs !

Ricardo Fuller yep i think he filled the holes with rolled up tissue... made such a tidy job of it they looked like proper studs !

Of course, Ricardo Fuller - I was racking my brains but just couldn't remember his name. I recall there were lots of comments and questions at the time as to why he was allowed to wear ear rings/studs. It was discussed and explained at my local RA monthly meeting.

Back