A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 26 Laws of the Game Quiz 2020-2021

The Referee Store
Jan,

I'm not convinced by your answer to number three :) .

Just because someone is standing on a line it doesn't mean the whole of their body is also on that line ... in fact, it's more or less physically impossible!

Not convinced by Q1 either. It's a lotg question not a UEFA program question. If it's DOGSO or SFP is subjective here.

Agree with Q3, but the alternative is even a worse answer. Other offside requirements have nothing to do with 'being in an offside position'. I think it's a case of not being able to find the right question for the correct answer :)

Last edited:
Not convinced by Q1 either. It's a lotg question not a UEFA program question. If it's DOGSO or SFP is subjective here.

Agree with Q3, but the alternative is even a worse answer. Other office requirements have nothing to do with 'being in an offside position'. I think it's a case of not being able to find the right question for the correct answer :)
I would support a red for SFP, but as the attacker had already shot before the keeper arrived I would struggle to support DOGSO.

Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 13.37.43.png
I wanted to check myself. The ball is behind the post when the GK straight legs the attacker in the groin.
I think SFP or DOGSO are easy here.
It's only the actions of the GK that make it look like the attacker is far from the ball. With no GK it's easy for the attacker to tap into an empty net. If there wasn't an SFP-grade challenge I think football would also expect a red card.

View attachment 4917
I wanted to check myself. The ball is behind the post when the GK straight legs the attacker in the groin.
I think SFP or DOGSO are easy here.
It's only the actions of the GK that make it look like the attacker is far from the ball. With no GK it's easy for the attacker to tap into an empty net. If there wasn't an SFP-grade challenge I think football would also expect a red card.
That's not the point though. I went red as well. The point is both SFP and DOGSO are subjective decisions here and not going red can not be considered an "error in law". So this can't be a lotg quiz question. Especially if the reason given by the quiz for the correct answer is from "Uefa's Refereing Assistance Programme" not lotg.

It would be a great match analysis question or a video for practical advice.

Back