A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 26 Laws of the Game Quiz 2019-2020

The Referee Store
I got the first question wrong. Just imagine the agtskcong teams reaction to the ball bursting after they've taken a pen to be told it's a drop ball 🤣🤣

I got the first question wrong. Just imagine the agtskcong teams reaction to the ball bursting after they've taken a pen to be told it's a drop ball 🤣🤣
It's a drop ball in law but a sensible referee would award the corner. After all, IFAB does routinely teach us to ignore some laws.

Duped by question 1.
Why, after play has restarted does the goal have any bearing on what you do, play has restarted? If there was no goal, an extra person is removed at a break if no interference, don't understand why there is a different process after a goal.
Also, how long? After a goal, and play has restarted, but not after a break in play after play has restarted following a goal?
These laws.... Tsk!

Duped by question 1.
Why, after play has restarted does the goal have any bearing on what you do, play has restarted? If there was no goal, an extra person is removed at a break if no interference, don't understand why there is a different process after a goal.
Also, how long? After a goal, and play has restarted, but not after a break in play after play has restarted following a goal?
These laws.... Tsk!
I thought exactly the same thing. In my head I was like: ok, just ignore the part that there has been scored a goal before.

Agree with the inconsistency. The area of extra person needs a bit of cleaning up. There is also issues around when there is an extra person (not after a goal), there is no interference but the referee has to stop play for game management purposes. This is very plausible and has happened. What is the restart?

After a goal, it makes sense to stop play to make a big deal out of it. It has to be reported as an incident report (I think you guys call it an extraordinary report) which may have a bearing on the outcome of the match.

It's a drop ball in law but a sensible referee would award the corner. After all, IFAB does routinely teach us to ignore some laws.

Depends on what you are picturing. Often, we wouldn't even know there was a problem until it is out of play, in which case it would be a CK. But if the ball is visibly defective before the defender kicks it--which takes a big defect, the defender should not be penalized wtih a CK for the state of the ball. (And if it visibly pops/deflates, we should be whistling before the defender kicks it out.)

Back