A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 24 Laws of the Game Quiz 2019-2020

• Thread starter Jan ter Harmsel
  • Start date
The Referee Store
RE: question 5

I thought violent conduct against a match official was an indirect free kick? Can't find anything in law 12 to say it's a direct free kick. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

RE: question 5

I thought violent conduct against a match official was an indirect free kick? Can't find anything in law 12 to say it's a direct free kick. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
There are two pointers on this change - one is that physical contact offences result in direct free kicks and the following guidance in response to a question on the FIFA Laws of the Game site:
Q6: Why is an offence against someone who is not an opponent now a direct free kick? Does this include dissent/offensive language?

If, for example, a player strikes a team-mate, substitute, team official or, perhaps even worse, a match official this is serious but only restarting with an IDFK suggested that the offence was not serious so it is now a direct free kick for any offence (directly) against anyone (except an opponent). This does not include dissent/offensive language etc. as this is not a direct/physical offence against a person (see below).

Hope that helps.

Back