A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 12 Laws of the Game Quiz 2020-2021

The Referee Store
A clarification for newer referees in regards to Q1. The only requirement for a dropped ball is a promising attack to start. No need for a goal to be scored as a result or waiting for an outcome. In practice waiting for an outcome is asking for trouble. As soon as a you see it resulted in a promising attack, blow the whistle.

A clarification for newer referees in regards to Q1. The only requirement for a dropped ball is a promising attack to start. No need for a goal to be scored as a result or waiting for an outcome. In practice waiting for an outcome is asking for trouble. As soon as a you see it resulted in a promising attack, blow the whistle.
Ugh, don't like that one at all. I thought it was the requirement that the contact with the referee is what causes the promising attack. In this case where the ball would otherwise have gone to the striker and it actually ending up with a left winger (who is then required to do something to start the promising attack) it felt like the referee's interference actually had the effect of stopping a promising attack and requiring it to be recycled and restarted. Hence my answer was that there was no need to interfere and the goal should be given.

Also got 4 wrong - I knew there had been a change to match up with what this question says, but didn't realise it had made it into the LOTG proper. Tried to give the "LOTG answer" rather than what I would actually do and as a result, second-guessed myself away from the right answer!

Back