A&H

Double Booked

BradTheRef

Hi guys and girls,

Yesterday evening I was double booked for a fixture by the club with another referee (a university game) but I'd travelled a fair distance to make it too the ground.

I was just wondering exactly where I stand with being paid in terms of the FA.

I usually wouldn't mind but obviously travelled a fair distance so traveling took up a fair chunk of time, petrol money etc. And to be perfectly honestly it annoyed me !

The university said to get in touch today but wondered if the FA had any specific guidelines.

Cheers ,
Brad

The Referee Store
Brad, this would between you and the University. Its not something the FA would involve themselves in. I personally would email the University and explain the above. They may offer something, they may not and you may have to take it on the chin. Just remember that next time they call and ask you to ref for them.

This is normally covered in the competition rules. Most leagues stipulate the referee is paid half fee and or expenses. The league rules are on the BUCS website.

Just had a nosey on there myself. Unfortunately the "Regs" as they call them don't stipulate and outcome for this circumstance so refer you to @Cheshire Ref 's post.

Cheers fellas.

Slept on it, so chilled out a little bit haha. Just opted to take it on the chin and won't be officiating for them in the future.

Bigger lose for them than me.

Once bitten twice shy, if ever I got grief from clubs or even players I would have my day, it may not be on that day but I’d get my recompense in other ways!

I would be looking for half fee and any objections I would contact my referee association and the Uni league admin or whoever.

And this is why, 1, without wanting to referee for a profit, its also not to be at expense, anyone reasonable will respect that. 2. by taking this appointment you have potentially given up full match fees elsewhere, and 3. by taking this appointment, you could be leaving a game elsewhere uncovered.

Last edited:
Thats BUCS for you. London FA advise refs that it;s a leage that is not, erm, bery forthcoming with ref marks, so though games may count, you aint getting any marks through to count towards your promotion season.

That and students dont seem to understand that yes if you all want to line up and call me a C&%t, you're all going to get sent off. Yes really I am!!!

Back