A&H

Don't you just hate it when...

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
You have a game where both goalkeepers have absolutely monsterous kicks.

And the County Cup game you did yesterday went to extra time and penalties.

My poor legs!

The Referee Store
haha, I got lucky today both keepers couldn't clear their own half and I'm talking about kicks from hands here :D :D

haha, I got lucky today both keepers couldn't clear their own half and I'm talking about kicks from hands here :D :D

These were both the opposite - both keepers could quite easily take a kick from hands that would take the first bounce on the edge of the D!

These were both the opposite - both keepers could quite easily take a kick from hands that would take the first bounce on the edge of the D!

Jeez, maybe I need to re-visit my fitness as a new ref thread. I said in there that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but now you have made me realise why this is so, the keepers couldn't kick.. :D

Jeez, maybe I need to re-visit my fitness as a new ref thread. I said in there that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but now you have made me realise why this is so, the keepers couldn't kick.. :D

It does tend to be the exception rather than the rule, just tends to be at the wrong times - such as the day after 120 mins in a fast paced cup game!

Andy, even the fastest referees struggle to keep up with a strongly punted ball. Biggest problem if it gets end to end, you will tend not to run deep expecting the big punt and may miss things in the area. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Ref tennis! I just love end to end games where there is quick long punt upfield followed by quick long upfield punt! All game long. No midfield, just attack and defence.

:wow:

I find it worse where the keepers have a long kick but they and their defenders are capable of playing out from the back. You take up a position near the left touchline only to find they roll it out to the right back meaning you have a 40 yards sprint to get close enough to play. At least when they only go long you have a vague idea what position to take up.

I find it worse where the keepers have a long kick but they and their defenders are capable of playing out from the back. You take up a position near the left touchline only to find they roll it out to the right back meaning you have a 40 yards sprint to get close enough to play. At least when they only go long you have a vague idea what position to take up.
Immediately followed by the defender being put under pressure and smashing it long of course!

Back