A&H

Dissent

lc21

Level 7 Referee
Hi all,

I was put in charge of a U14 league cup semi final this evening without NAR, goes to extra time and the away side score twice to go 3-1 up and near the end of the second half of extra time a free kick is awarded to the winning side to which the player turns round and says “it’s not my fault you’re a F**king S*** ref”

I called him over and issued the red card for OFFINABUS, however it wasn’t finished there, at the end of the match the player enters the FOP and shakes hands with opposition to which he then looks at me and says “F**k off Fam” I order him to leave the FOP.

Then walking back to the car park another player from the side then comes up to me with his dad and asks me “why are you such a f**king s*** ref” I called him over to take his name to which his dad said “don’t talk to that bellend” I however caught his shirt number and took down his name from teamsheet.

Have I got this right guys? Appreciate all responses and looks like a busy night on the WGS.

The Referee Store
RC is correct, added misconduct report too on player A for the afters.

Not sure you can card someone in the car park as the game has finished, I’d guess that’s a misconduct report on a separate line with the circumstances explained... I stand to be corrected though! Chin up, it’s them in trouble not you!

RC is correct, added misconduct report too on player A for the afters.

Not sure you can card someone in the car park as the game has finished, I’d guess that’s a misconduct report on a separate line with the circumstances explained... I stand to be corrected though! Chin up, it’s them in trouble not you!

Cheers mate, amazed by how parents think their child is untouchable, right in front of the benches with a minute to go, stupid sending off.

Cheers mate, amazed by how parents think their child is untouchable, right in front of the benches with a minute to go, stupid sending off.
Agreed with Sheff. RC is a given. Might want to submit an ER also for the second waive of attack. It's your shirt they're having a pop at, a wearing experience which takes some getting used to!

Just to clarify it was a player from the team winning & the team you awarded the free kick to?

Red card was spot on, I know more than a few refs who would hesitate about giving a red card at that age.

Personally I would also consider submitting extraordinary reports for what the player said after the whistle, and for what the player and his parent said in the car park.

Red card was spot on, I know more than a few refs who would hesitate about giving a red card at that age.

Personally I would also consider submitting extraordinary reports for what the player said after the whistle, and for what the player and his parent said in the car park.

This ^^^^^^^

In truth, you'll be doing the game (and yourself) a disservice if you don't report disgraceful behaviour like that. ;)

Hi @lc21

If you haven't already done the reports on WGS - it should be
- RC for the OFFINABUS on the FOP
- extraordinary report for the player coming back to you at the end of the game
- extraordinary report for the approach in the car park afterwards.

The effect of their comments will be to miss the final - so their team mates, etc will be really pleased that they can't play.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies,

All misconduct has been dealt with and the club will be hit with 3 separate fines.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies,

All misconduct has been dealt with and the club will be hit with 3 separate fines.
Happiness on what teams may or may not get done financially isn't really a referees problem!! You've done your job, let others dictate what happens next!!
Next!!! :)

For the approach in the car park I would have done 2 separate misconduct reports. One against the player and a second one for the team failing to control its spectators for the players fathers comments.

well done, I warn u16 of general bad language once, but red if any repeat or directly at me or CAR
as new poster- please advise; does misconduct need to be separate form for each player? ( recently both came back on pitch to swear/ abuse at end of game having been dismissed earlier) I filled in a report 3x for fa -kept on asking for same info on different forms?!

For the approach in the car park I would have done 2 separate misconduct reports. One against the player and a second one for the team failing to control its spectators for the players fathers comments.

A charge of "failing to control spectators" in this instance would probably fail, given what is said in the opening post. For a charge to succeed, they would need to confronting you, not for just being an "*rseh0le".

Well done for dealing with it properly.

I don't do youth football any more and this is why.

well done, I warn u16 of general bad language once, but red if any repeat or directly at me or CAR
as new poster- please advise; does misconduct need to be separate form for each player? ( recently both came back on pitch to swear/ abuse at end of game having been dismissed earlier) I filled in a report 3x for fa -kept on asking for same info on different forms?!

It would depend on what action you are taking - caution, dismissal or misconduct report. Each player has to have their own report submitted, even though the contents of the wording will be the same.

The FA can only levied charges where a report is submitted, as each player has the right to a hearing for a dismissal or misconduct report. Without the separate report, they can argue that the case is not following proper procedure.

Hi @lc21

If you haven't already done the reports on WGS - it should be
- RC for the OFFINABUS on the FOP
- extraordinary report for the player coming back to you at the end of the game
- extraordinary report for the approach in the car park afterwards.

The effect of their comments will be to miss the final - so their team mates, etc will be really pleased that they can't play.

Would you submit two separate extraordinary reports or just combine them both into one?

Would you submit two separate extraordinary reports or just combine them both into one?

I personally see them as 2 separate incidents, from my understanding they occurred at relatively different times as well albeit both occurring after the game ended. So I would be including 2 separate reports, it also ensures that the facts are very clear regarding what was said and done in which incident.

Although you don’t show a red in the car park you can send a red card in if you know the players name / number

It would depend on what action you are taking - caution, dismissal or misconduct report. Each player has to have their own report submitted, even though the contents of the wording will be the same.

The FA can only levied charges where a report is submitted, as each player has the right to a hearing for a dismissal or misconduct report. Without the separate report, they can argue that the case is not following proper procedure.

If I could just divert slightly. During a match a couple of weeks ago I was on the receiving end of abuse similar to what's been discussed here and worse. I tried to manage it with words and not cards (which succeeded eventually but I was wrong and will go straight to reds and remove the manager etc from the FOP if it happens again as the behaviour was astonishingly bad!).

Now I've reported the incidents to the league but should I come a misconduct report despite not issuing red cards?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back