A&H

Dissent

boblardo

Level 5 Referee
At a throw in today my NAR signalled for what I assumed to be a foul throw but he called me over and told me he had just been called a name by home team 3, as such I cautioned the home 3 for dissent but as doing so the player suggested the NAR had told him to f****** shut up.

Obviously I didn’t hear it, so called the captain in to help calm down the player; issues the caution and restarted with an indirect free kick

Now I didn’t hear anything so cannot act on it but should I mention this in my match report?

The Referee Store
Out of curiosity did you ask the NAR if he said it?

Of course but after the game in the changing room, my NAR told me he said “you’ve been moaning all game I think you need to be quiet now”
Good enough for me
We move on to the next game

The player said “you’re such a retard”; said after the NAR has given a throw against his team

I certainly wouldn't be submitting an accusation against the NAR like that. If the club wants to, they can - IMO you shouldn't drag his name in the mud when you know it's most certainly untrue.

I certainly wouldn't be submitting an accusation against the NAR like that. If the club wants to, they can - IMO you shouldn't drag his name in the mud when you know it's most certainly untrue.

Kinda why I asked Boblardo If he had asked his AR if he said it or not, I was a little unsure why you would report something that your AR clearly said he didn’t say.

As above if the player / team want to report it then so be it but I personally would go with what the AR said & leave it at that.

Here is why I asked the question;

When you get told about racisim or other inappropriate comments between players that you don’t hear directly you would depending on the nature of that comment add it to your match report as a way of making the league aware

So while I doubt my NAR said it it was really more a case of should we be letting the ref Sec know a report maybe coming and this is our view rather than a way of dropping my NAR in it

Back