A&H

Dissent by word or action

The Referee Store
Definitely a yellow.

But what about the tackle one minute earlier? Anybody got a clip of that? For me an orange card but nothing given at all, not even a foul!

I love Mike Dean, he takes no nonsense from anyone. Listen to the Peter Crouch podcast if you haven't already

I do too, he's great, a referee that actually really makes me laugh, and not with his mistakes.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been nutmegged in games, I'm genuinely not trying to be, it just seems to keep happening. And every time it does, i think of Mr Dean. Not having any complaints about my positioning or getting in the way though so i don't think it'll stop any time soon.

I just need to gain (quite) a few years and lose some of the hair now...

I love that the referee community love MD but most of my mates hate him; "he has to be the centre of attention" complaints - sod that he is out there clearly enjoying himself and if more refs could do that then there wouldn't be such a shortage of them

I love that the referee community love MD but most of my mates hate him; "he has to be the centre of attention" complaints - sod that he is out there clearly enjoying himself and if more refs could do that then there wouldn't be such a shortage of them

The same people who complained about decisions not being correctly given ruining the game and now complain about VAR ruining the game also complain when referees have no personality and can't have fun but also complain when referees have personalities and fun. With some folks, you can't win for losing.

Genuinely no point going into online forums where non-referees evaluate referees. It's always the same; 'has to be centre of attention', 'makes it all about himself' and 'they're corrupt'.

The amount of nonsense that gets pushed around is infuriating. Annoying when retired referees join in on it though as they should know better.

As for Mike Dean, he's amazing, I love it, send him to the Euros.

I used to bat for the refereeing fratenticty on the league website but as @RobOda says you are fighting a battle you can't win....
Some players appreciate the input, some seriously don't even think you should be there to even have an opinion! It often got messy!!!

I hear that so much about him wanting to be the centre of attention but you’re right in your response. He’s a ref at the top of his game and he’s absolutely loving it. OK he gets in the spotlight sometimes but he’s not getting in it for the wrong reasons, it’s purely because he’s having a great tome doing what he loves

Back