A&H

Disgusting!!

The Referee Store
Very difficult for the referee to see everything, but did he miss two dismiss-able offences before the spitting thing? I agree, 3 games is woefully inadequate. But, the game is run by sponsors these days

Very difficult for the referee to see everything, but did he miss two dismiss-able offences before the spitting thing? I agree, 3 games is woefully inadequate. But, the game is run by sponsors these days

Jamie Carragher was 'rested' by Sky for a similar misdemeanour for around 6 months!!

I never get this argument
How can spitting (disgusting but never killed anyone) be more games than punching/headbutting someone (which could kill someone).

How can spitting (disgusting but never killed anyone) be more games than punching/headbutting someone (which could kill someone).

Spitting is still an assault. Not going to kill but still needs a decent punishment to act as a deterrent.

Spitting can spread diseases, and it is abhorrent.

I would be much more upset at someone spitting at me than I would if someone took a swing at me.

Spitting can spread diseases, and it is abhorrent.

I would be much more upset at someone spitting at me than I would if someone took a swing at me.
Agree.
Zara touched on it but spitting on someone can spread disease.
An example here of Ukrainian police officer who contracted Tuberculosis and dies after being spat on
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3716788/amp/Policewoman-dies-contracting-fatal-contagious-disease-thug-spat-face-arrest.html

One documented case of a disease being spread by spitting, as opposed to the HUNDREDS of cases of life changing injuries from a punch you can google...

Spare me the "I'd rather be punched than spat on" alpha male stuff
Being spat on isn't nice, but if you would rather be punched in the face I'd suggest you've not been punched in the face by anyone since you became an adult.
It f**king hurts.... for DAYS

One documented case of a disease being spread by spitting, as opposed to the HUNDREDS of cases of life changing injuries from a punch you can google...

Being spat on isn't nice, but if you would rather be punched in the face I'd suggest you've not been punched in the face by anyone since you became an adult.
I'd rather be punched in the face

Being spat on isn't nice, but if you would rather be punched in the face I'd suggest you've not been punched in the face by anyone since you became

What an odd comment. Both are awful

Touched on a few good points there. "As an adult" I have come to realise my tollorance to physical hurt is far more but my tollorance to emotional hurt has dropped. I'm not the type who gets into fights but I have been punched. It was painful for a few days but the physical pain was gone after a few days. However I was angry about it for weeks after. I couldn't take it emotionally that someone could do that to me. I was also racially abused. It took me months to get over that one. Never been spat on so I can't tell you what the experience is like but I imagine it's worse than a punch but not as bad as racial abuse.

Everyone takes these things differently. I could never understand the logic behind "sticks and stones...." Some emotional abuse without any physical pain could leave a person mentally scarred for life.

I’ve had much worse than a punch in the face, and I would definitely be more angry about being spat on/at than being punched or someone taking a swing at me.

It’s got nothing to do with being an “alpha male”, merely a fact based on my extensive personal experience of physical violence.

Others might not mind getting a face full of the contents of big bazzas sinuses on a Sunday morning, but I do. It is disgusting and is well know to spread various diseases.

Back