A&H

Disciplinary hearing

spuddy1878

RefChat Addict
About 4-5 weeks ago i gave an U13s manager two yellow cards in a game.

This week ive got a hearing via zoom (or similar)

He is disputing the charge.

Is there anything i should be doing in preparation, ive got notes from the day and im a bit nervous about it but does anyone have any tips or advice for me.

The Referee Store
Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?
You can't appeal cautions! Did you do an extraordinary report as well?

Im not 100% sure i did, i emailed my league to give them a report of the incident but cant be sure if i submitted an extraordinary report.

Stick to facts.

In the <x> minute I did <y> because of <z>

Don't get drawn into debates, or sucked into giving long winded answers. Short, clear concise answers are the order of the day.

Im not 100% sure i did, i emailed my league to give them a report of the incident but cant be sure if i submitted an extraordinary report.
You should be able to find the report you submitted on Wholegame. Look it up, check what you submitted matches the notes you have and then when asked, repeat what the report says.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?
You can't appeal cautions! Did you do an extraordinary report as well?
If a manager is dismissed for a second caution they'll receive a misconduct charge, so they are able to plead not guilty and ask for a personal hearing.

As @Justylove said, keep it short and sweet. If you want to, take along your notes so you can refer to them without needing to try and recite it all from memory.

"Nothing to add to my original report. In the 34th minute, the person present was cautioned for dissent when he sarcastically clapped a decision against his team, and in the 71st minute was cautioned for a second time after he deliberately entered the technical area of his opponents, and subsequently dismissed from the vicinity of the field of play."

(or whatever)

No opinions, no questions, just facts and Law.

Let them hang themselves :D

Print off your report from WGS if you did one.
Print off the e-mail you sent to the league.
Have both in front of you during the Zoom call.
The regular question to the referee is "Anything to add to your report, Mr Referee?"
Answer is "No, thank you, Mr/Madam Chairman"
Questions from the manager will go via the chairman of the commission, who may then ask your view. Simple reply, based on your reports.
Remember you are a witness for the CFA, and not on trial.

Key sentence there, especially for our newer colleagues, as the first one sounds daunting. The player (etc) have a right to appeal and are using the process as intended. It’s not (y)our judgement, job, competency or neutrality being called into question.

“Nothing to add, amend or retract” is the perfect line.

In the appeal meeting in front of the CFA or the League?

If the CFA, it is simply "as stated". Don't add to as this just gives them scope to ask more questions. Remember, you are not on trial you are a witness for the CFA.

Print off your report from WGS if you did one.
Print off the e-mail you sent to the league.
Have both in front of you during the Zoom call.
The regular question to the referee is "Anything to add to your report, Mr Referee?"
Answer is "No, thank you, Mr/Madam Chairman"
Questions from the manager will go via the chairman of the commission, who may then ask your view. Simple reply, based on your reports.
I have said the same ...

Back