A&H

Difference between Foul Tackle (FT) and Reckpless Play (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newref

When trying to upload the cautions on the Whole game system to make sure we are selecting the correct code. What is the difference between FT (Foul Tackle) and RP (Reckless Play)? Any examples of these?

The Referee Store
I tend to use foul tackle for situations where the tackle itself is only a foul, but the context makes it a caution - ie Stopping a Promising Attack. You'll note SPA doesn't have it's own code, I presume that is because it can also come under tripping, pulling/pushing or even handball.

Reckless play is for tackles which are cautioned based on the intensity of the challenge. Again, this also allows for actions that aren't just tackles to be cautioned based on the strength of them - catching someone with an arm where you don't think it merits a red but it is still reckless for example.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter that much....they all carry the same fine/accumulation towards a suspension, so it's purely for FA internal statistics. As long as you've got the primary code (C1, C2 etc) correct, just select whichever sub-code feels most right and don't worry about it too much.

I tend to use foul tackle for situations where the tackle itself is only a foul, but the context makes it a caution - ie Stopping a Promising Attack. You'll note SPA doesn't have it's own code, I presume that is because it can also come under tripping, pulling/pushing or even handball.

Reckless play is for tackles which are cautioned based on the intensity of the challenge. Again, this also allows for actions that aren't just tackles to be cautioned based on the strength of them - catching someone with an arm where you don't think it merits a red but it is still reckless for example.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter that much....they all carry the same fine/accumulation towards a suspension, so it's purely for FA internal statistics. As long as you've got the primary code (C1, C2 etc) correct, just select whichever sub-code feels most right and don't worry about it too much
Ok, so a professional foul which was not reckless for e.g would be classified as a foul tackle right.

Ok, so a professional foul which was not reckless for e.g would be classified as a foul tackle right.
If you mean a foul that fits the criteria for "Stopping a Promising Attack" then yeah, that's how I'd classify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back