A&H

Open Age Did I cause this ?

richard ramjane

RefChat Addict
game today ... Absolutely fine until 32 minutes into second half when I had to send someone off ...
Striker ... Been having a great game and battling with the defenders both defenders and attacker enjoying the grappling etc ... Defender oversteps the mark and i blow for a foul ... Attacker gets up and shoves the defender . I call him over ... Say I'm cautioning you for ... And ghe interrupts ... I say I don't want you to speak just listen for the moment .. He just carries on asking for the other player to be booked .., also spitting 3 or 4 times to my right . Captain comes in and i explain that I'm going to give him two yellows. One for the raised arms and one for the dissent ...
My concern is that maybe i should have stamped down on the grappling earlier . It's the sort of battle though that they were all enjoying ..

The Referee Store
Who got the red card and why?

Was the striker ...
He was fouled , got up and shoved the defender aggressively which I called him over to receive a caution ....
He said to me "are you going to book him as well he had hold of me"
No , I'm booking you he then started ranting at me and I said you're taking your way into a red here be careful...
"Yup whatever ****ing send me off geezer". That was enough for dissent for me

USB AA and Dissebt.
He also refused to give me his name

Talked himself out of the game regardless of what should have happened to defender. Personally, regardless of the language I'd give one warning about the spitting as I was talking - and I'd happily give the 2nd yellow for that alone if it continued. Wouldn't talk to anyone on the street or at work doing that as I spoke; not doing it on a football pitch either.

Was the striker ...
He was fouled , got up and shoved the defender aggressively which I called him over to receive a caution ....
No , I'm booking you he then started ranting at me and I said you're taking your way into a red here be careful...

USB AA and Dissebt.

I trust that a misconduct report is following for the lack of name being given.

I trust that a misconduct report is following for the lack of name being given.

yes absolutely ... as i mentioned it would to both player and manager.
i included details of both cautions, the fact that he didnt give me his name, was spitting and also that he walked off the FOP before i could administer the cards.
I put all that into one misconduct report... could i (should i) have seperated some of that ?

Was the striker ...

USB AA and Dissebt.
very smalll point, when he asked you if you were going to book the other player,book, lol dont you just love players, instead of saying a direct no you could perhaps say, i am dealing with u at the minute

very smalll point, when he asked you if you were going to book the other player,book, lol dont you just love players, instead of saying a direct no you could perhaps say, i am dealing with u at the minute

Yup I like that , that could possibly have negated the rant I suppose ... Although I don't think it would have stopped him spitting during our conversation

I think you kind of answered your own suspicions- tackling the grappling earlier might of saved you the grief. Talking to them when it's still fairly good natured might help in the future.

Games can often turn on a dime, and recognising the warning signs and how to deal with them slowly becomes second nature

Good luck for the season

Back