A&H

Derby vs Cardiff

wazztie16

Level 4 Referee
Level 4 Referee
1:07 onwards in the video, should it have been a penalty?

Judge on real time, then on replay.

Reason for thread is having an argument with a Forest fan who says no pen.

The Referee Store
No penalty there at all. Ball is out of control, there's minimal contact (edit: and I believe there's actually no contact at all, so my other comments should be even more emphasised), then the player exaggerates, and his teammate is already taking possession.
I'd actually want to see a caution here. First for simulation, and then for dissent.
He's bloody lucky that the referee just went with play on, to be honest.

No penalty there at all. Ball is out of control, there's minimal contact (edit: and I believe there's actually no contact at all, so my other comments should be even more emphasised), then the player exaggerates, and his teammate is already taking possession.
I'd actually want to see a caution here. First for simulation, and then for dissent.
He's bloody lucky that the referee just went with play on, to be honest.
Exact opposite for me. He was tripped. DFK and therefore penalty.

I don't see anything careless from the defender. Sure, there may have been some contact, but it is largely initiated by the attacker who, by the way, makes a meal of it all.

Reactions: Nij
Real time: No penalty
1st replay: No penalty
2nd replay: Ooh. Actually...

Interesting to note that no other players seemed to complain. The reaction tells a story itself.

The TV angles aren't clear and neither were the referee's or assistant's angles good enough to see clear enough to give it.

Was there contact? yes, looks like their knees clashed
Penalty? yes, but I understand why not given.

Back