A&H

Delaying the Restart

The Referee Store
Crikey not seen anything so blatant!
Keep YC'ing them and add time on accordingly. Failure to respect the game can also come into play so just keep control and book em all!

Stop the watch and book the second guy.

Stand over the ball and tell them he can rearrange it until there's another card, or he can be ready to kick the ball when the whistles is blown.

Give them a moment to make sure of the right player, then step away and blow whistle.

They keep doing it, I keep doing it, eventually someone picks up a second caution or they take the corner, IDC which.

I've noticed in hockey that a player taking too long to take a restart results in the opponents getting the restart instead. No need for cards and the game flows nicely. Perhaps, the IFAB could consider something similar.

I've noticed in hockey that a player taking too long to take a restart results in the opponents getting the restart instead. No need for cards and the game flows nicely. Perhaps, the IFAB could consider something similar.
I actually quite like that idea, it directly counteracts timewasting, whereas currently you have to delay even further to do the caution procedure.

A bit subjective for my taste as to when a potentially game changing event takes place. OS in the GA becomes an attacking IFK? The turnover concept is a solution looking for a problem--delays aren't a big enough problem to warrant the change. We have tools to use.

Be clear with both teams that you'll just be adding time on and they'll hopefully get on with it / not give you grief

Back