A&H

DBS Check

Louis Clarke

Hi guys,
Sorry my question isn't really about refereeing but since you get a DBS check when you start your refereeing does the FA keep that or will I have it in my possession somewhere?
Thanks in advance!

The Referee Store
In terms of the FA the crc check is sent to you and you have to send it on to the fa who then return it so you will have the original copy.

In terms of the FA the crc check is sent to you and you have to send it on to the fa who then return it so you will have the original copy.

If I remember correctly, mine was all done electronically - the county received something online (as did I) and I also got a paper copy.

If I remember correctly, mine was all done electronically - the county received something online (as did I) and I also got a paper copy.
When was that? I did mine just this off season and got a letter from FA saying they no longer get sent the result and that I had to send them the original for them to review ane return.

When was that? I did mine just this off season and got a letter from FA saying they no longer get sent the result and that I had to send them the original for them to review ane return.

Beginning of last footballing season (roughly this time last year)

I'm a CRC verifier, and it is all electronic now. So a referee applies, it goes to the verification stage and they need to present their ID documents to a verifier. He / she then enters the details of these documents onto the system, which moves it onto the next stage.

You do still get sent a paper certificate, but you don't need to present this as the FA / CFA are notified when a CRC is approved.

I'm a CRC verifier, and it is all electronic now. So a referee applies, it goes to the verification stage and they need to present their ID documents to a verifier. He / she then enters the details of these documents onto the system, which moves it onto the next stage.

You do still get sent a paper certificate, but you don't need to present this as the FA / CFA are notified when a CRC is approved.
Interesting, as I definitely had to send mine. I even have the letter they sent when they returned it.

Back