A&H

Danny Mills 5 Live

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Is it me or is this guy a complete and utter ****. He constantly blurts out complete b*****s when it come to law..

Ref blows for foul, crowd moan, he then sees a replay and says that the Spurs player DID catch the player but he also got a little touch on the ball, therefore the ref is wrong!!! Please, do me a favour!!! He talks like a plod player!!!!

There are others but i grimace listening to him!!!

The Referee Store
i cant hear him, watching at work, no sound

majority of commentators have little regard for the laws, their role is to arouse interest in themselves,and by putting up a post about them, it works

Bring back Arthur Montford.

Is it me or is this guy a complete and utter ****. He constantly blurts out complete b*****s when it come to law..

Ref blows for foul, crowd moan, he then sees a replay and says that the Spurs player DID catch the player but he also got a little touch on the ball, therefore the ref is wrong!!! Please, do me a favour!!! He talks like a plod player!!!!

There are others but i grimace listening to him!!!
most ex players are clueless think yourself lucky you dont have to listen to chris sutton very much oh boy

I thought you were talking about the Dele penalty appeal for a moment - I thought it was a blatant pen. I also thought Spurs gave United a trouncing that wasn't reflected in the scoreline. United couldn't get out of their half for long periods.

Apart from the Dele penalty - given anywhere else on the field - our man had a good game again.

No, not the pen, it was just general commentary, i couldn't see the game so i cant fully say what happened but it sounds like the ref was doing it correctly and he was just blathering crap!! The main commentator was much more professional and fair!

I thought you were talking about the Dele penalty appeal for a moment - I thought it was a blatant pen. I also thought Spurs gave United a trouncing that wasn't reflected in the scoreline. United couldn't get out of their half for long periods.

Apart from the Dele penalty - given anywhere else on the field - our man had a good game again.

I like watching this ref, love his manner with the players. However, anybody allows this on grass roots observation and they get a doing. Basics. No point strolling through the game if you dont do the simple things. Might seem trivial but betwen four too officials, they all deemed this legal. Its clearly not.

Maybe wrong place to say so, and again its whatever works best but for kick off here, out by Spurs 2 is where any directive I am aware of advises the referee to start. Not with back to the 4th. Out with Spurs 2 gives him view of all the other officials.

Attachments

• IMG_5556.PNG
    IMG_5556.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
I agree that a certain Mr Kane should not have been in that position and AM should have brought it back.

However Graham Poll on BT Sport saying he gained an advantage from it I think is utterly nonsensical.

I like GP - I think he comes across well (usually) but in that instance it's best not to find something to say for the sake of saying something.

Reactions: one
I joined after the first goal and now, reading the news and seeing that... maximum 7,9!

It's one of those at lower levels you think would be harsh to give... but this is a reminder why you shouldn't let the nit picky stuff go - apply the laws!

Maybe wrong place to say so, and again its whatever works best but for kick off here, out by Spurs 2 is where any directive I am aware of advises the referee to start. Not with back to the 4th. Out with Spurs 2 gives him view of all the other officials.
I have been told and heard different. Marriner is in the correct starting place. It is expected the ball will go forwards, and most of the time its just punted and this places the referee in an optimum position to move into "their quarter" or expected positioning from the anticpated forward movement of play. Being in the other quater would leave the referee with potentially an almighty sprint to make which a) can be avoided by the position taken and b) prevent an injury. He will have warmed up with all the prematch fan fare could have gone cold again making an injury possible from the intense sprint he'd leave himself with..
Your logic does hold water and certainly might have helped to detect the kick off offence although i still think this would have been behind his back and gone unspotted

I have been told and heard different. Marriner is in the correct starting place. It is expected the ball will go forwards, and most of the time its just punted and this places the referee in an optimum position to move into "their quarter" or expected positioning from the anticpated forward movement of play. Being in the other quater would leave the referee with potentially an almighty sprint to make which a) can be avoided by the position taken and b) prevent an injury. He will have warmed up with all the prematch fan fare could have gone cold again making an injury possible from the intense sprint he'd leave himself with..
Your logic does hold water and certainly might have helped to detect the kick off offence although i still think this would have been behind his back and gone unspotted
I've been told the same from goal kick, where the expectation is that the team who's keeper is kicking is more likely to get the ball forwards. Therefore when the GK is being taken, you should be on the left as seen from the 'keeper who's kicking, meaning that when the ball's flicked on, you're in a better position to run down the left wing and have a view of your AR than you would be if you'd started on the right and had to run the width of the pitch to get to the correct angle.

I'm not totally convinced that I agree with the principal that a keeper's team is more likely to get a flick on than the other team get a defensive header in - especially at grassroots level where keepers have very little control over where the ball goes - but I could certainly understand that logic being applied to a KO, where the team kicking off should continue to have possession with the ball at their feet, and so is more likely to create the first attack of the game.

Back