A&H

County Cup weekend

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
So county cup weekend, received email from CFA, given my availability for Sunday.
Received 2 appointments... 11am and 2pm ko. Venues only 20mins away.
Oh and Saturday 2 more appointments(normal leagues).

Is it me or the shortage of ref got really bad?

The Referee Store
So county cup weekend, received email from CFA, given my availability for Sunday.

In my county (Northumberland) there are 600 more games than refs (ohh and that's just the figures from one league across all ages)

It's rare that I don't do 3 senior games in a weekend. My assigned game on Saturday and Sunday + i often take an extra game then I get offered. I could do 4 most weekends but my Mrs would whinge for England! The texts asking on my availability will start tomorrow evening and continue until Saturday night :(

This weekend I had only 1 game on Saturday.
Then a junior League was crying out for a ref, so got appointed to 1, not too far from the other.
And then CFA appointed me to 2 on Sunday, luckily not far from each other.

I would usually put all my fixtures into a dashboard when I initially get them. But in recent weeks it's almost guaranteed that I'll be moved up to some higher age range matches due to a lack of refs, so the dashboard only gets filled out on the Friday

2 county fixtures over 2 days and already turned down one request. They must have been desperate as I sent one of their players off last time I reffed them!

Back