A&H

Junior/Youth County cup nomination

Bournref

Level 6 Referee
Hi all, I've been nominated for county cup finals by my LARC, anyone shed any light on what happens next?

Tia, for any info.

The Referee Store
No match fee, but you will get expenses, that is what happens in my county. Again in my county you get invited to a county finals training evening and they do a bit of a training session. Wear a suit on match day and enjoy reffing in a team of 3/4.

Thanks TB, I'm also wondering how many nominations the county will get? Do they ensure that they only get roughly the amount of officials they need to cover the age groups? I suppose what I'm really asking is now that I've been nominated am I very likely to actually get appointed to a final?

Never heard of any nomination procedure before.

Normally you just get notified of the final you have been appointed to.

In Middlesex, as above, there is a 'Cup Finals' evening where you can meet your fellow officials, get your picture taken for the programme, have a bit of a refresher on procedures on the day and also get a bit of food - that sort of thing.

All three counties I am/was involved in invite all the nominees to an evening meeting (buffet, guest speaker, usual) then reveal the appointments then. Everyone secretly hoping for 4th official on the under 8s so they can grab a handful of free sausage rolls and get away early. ;)

Back