A&H

County cup finals

Rob123

When do the appointments take place for county cup finals? Just wondering as I presume they would of happened by now. So I mustn’t have got one

The Referee Store
When do the appointments take place for county cup finals? Just wondering as I presume they would of happened by now. So I mustn’t have got one
That will vary by county so not a straight forward answer.
If you haven't got one, don't fret. There aren't enough to give everyone one, go again next year and hopefully your time will come.

It seems I was on a reserve list having not been given one initially. Then completely out of the blue I was asked by my county FA if I could fill a role next month.

It depends on where you are based, but for my county cup final appointment, I didn't receive an email from my email I instead received an email from FULLTIME notifying me of my appointment. And I received the email like 1-2 weeks ago so might still have a chance

I'm a new referee what are county cup finals?
Your local county fa like Nottingham Fa or Lanchashire Fa. Basicallhy the branch of FA youre appointed to that manages what you get appointed to around your area. And county cup finals are cup tournament based on certain ages of leagues and you get appointed them on merit. So the better the referee the better the match you'll get appointed to, as a way to show they appreciate you refereeing and induce competiton in the leagues so they have something to play for.

Your local county fa like Nottingham Fa or Lanchashire Fa. Basicallhy the branch of FA youre appointed to that manages what you get appointed to around your area. And county cup finals are cup tournament based on certain ages of leagues and you get appointed them on merit. So the better the referee the better the match you'll get appointed to, as a way to show they appreciate you refereeing and induce competiton in the leagues so they have something to play for.
How do the CFA judge the appointments based on merit is it a word of mouth thing or club marks from your league or something completely different? And is this the case with any county cup appointments or just finals?

How do the CFA judge the appointments based on merit is it a word of mouth thing or club marks from your league or something completely different? And is this the case with any county cup appointments or just finals?
Varies by county, local knowledge is the main source of info for selection and may come from local appointments officers, local referee committees, etc.
Consideration is given to age in youth football, experience level, availability on a regular basis, geography (important in large counties especially) and club marks where those are recorded.
The system will vary by county, but close to the above, and applies in all rounds.

It will be pretty much based on your club marks in earlier rounds. Especially if you aren't on promotion, as they won't have any other performance indicators for you.

Back