A&H

County Cup appointed

JoeMaloney5

Level 7 Referee
Hi all ive just been emailed by my RDO telling me ive been appointed to referee a county cup fixture but im just wondering how have i been selected (not that im complaining) but with it being only my 2nd season qualified i wouldve thought more senior and experienced refs wouldve been picked over me?

The Referee Store
It may be a fairly junior county competition, so there isn't really a pecking order for those as such.

Still CARs in my area you only get NARs at semi final and finals apart from the evening cup I think. Enjoy it but it is really only the same as any game. Do make sure to find out extra time and pens

Still CARs in my area you only get NARs at semi final and finals apart from the evening cup I think. Enjoy it but it is really only the same as any game. Do make sure to find out extra time and pens
ok thanks for the info we all have to start somewhere.

It's normal for newly qualified referees to be appointed to the early rounds of County Cups. The games take precedence over your league fixtures, so you have to inform your Ref Sec if it causes a clash

This will be one of the few times you will receive a team sheet at grassroots youth football.

Back