A&H

Club Marks

echo24uk

Level 5 Referee
Not sure if this is the write part to put this so apologies.

In relation to club marks can anyone advise on how to maximise the chance of getting good club marks

I have had a decent season with 3 assessments all getting very good marks yet I dipped on club marks.

I can probably tell you which games and which teams. This is not because I had a bad game in those instances but probably the opposite, is it by actually applying correct laws of the game that you suffer club marks bring lower and in fact should we be more lenient and give teams what the ask for instead of being correct in law?

Also the fact that I have heard the old 'Whst shall we give the ref' - just stick a __ down' and a complete lack of thought when completing these sheets.

I am just posing questions and any advice would be appreciated. I really don't want to not discipline players or give in to their protests but don't want to miss out on progressing for this alone.

The Referee Store
assessment marks, club marks - we get to know diddley squat here in sussex. can't work out whether it's a good thing or a bad thing

i can understand your way of thinking re leniency (best not mention that word on here again :)) but can't help thinking that more grass roots refs need to challenge their counties / the f.a. to understand the different requirements of 'park' football compared to the upper echelons and make the appropriate changes

Last edited:
I find the majority of the time I get average 85 out of 100 but when a team has lost my mark drops significantly cos the manager is annoyed with the situation. that really annoys me...

Back