A&H

Classic things you hear whilst refereeing...

The Referee Store
Oooooo I see.

I am the crazy tall guy. I had to step back from the line so as not to dwarf my colleagues!

That was a local cup final prematch picture from 2 weeks ago.

I watched an u19 cup final, my mates were reffing, blue player decides to tap the ball a few yards infront of him the the orange player puts his foot out to trip him, blue player jumps away to avoid it, whistle for a free kick " what the f**k ref, I never touched him" hahahaha

You don't have to touch him to concede a free kick and I would be looking to have a word about his language and also depending on situation and if I already have spoken to him issue a caution

You don't have to touch him to concede a free kick and I would be looking to have a word about his language and also depending on situation and if I already have spoken to him issue a caution
I wish someone would tell the halfwits on Match of the Day/Sky etc this....

I had a good one last night.

Reffed a rather one sided U11 academy game and as I was putting my stuff in the boot when two of the away team players walked past. They asked what score it was:

"10-1"
"Why did you give us a penalty ref?"
"Because it was a foul…."
"Are you sure it wasn't because we were losing and you felt sorry for us?"

:D

I got another one who on here punishes players at throws ins because I had referee who is strict on this and I got what I done now ref

I had one the other week in an u15/16 academy middle, yellow player passes the ball to a team mate,white player then comes along and shoves the player with two hands over before having a chance to control the ball, so I call him over for a word, tell him that he can't do that, I don't want to see it again and if it does happen again it will most likely result in a caution...... His reply " but it wasn't really a foul ref, it was just a matter of strength" cue an outburst of laughter including his own team. :rolleyes:

Back