A&H

Clash of heads?

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
There was an interesting moment in Liv-Che when there was a clash of heads. Liverpool player (maybe Salah) won the header and the Chelsea player (oh can't remember now) headed him in the back of the head. Nothing malicious, genuine attempt to play the ball and all that.

While the 'pool player is down, the ball eventually goes dead, and Henderson can then be seen remonstrating with MO: "how is that not a foul?" etc. and it got me thinking.

It should have been a foul. It was a genuine attempt, but the Chelsea player was beaten to the ball and then made careless contact. I thought it was interesting because there are a lot of head-to-head contact "fouls" that go unsanctioned like this in the prem... thoughts?

The Referee Store
There was one in our game on Saturday evening (Blades v Brum), clear head knock foul on the Brum dwarf midfielder from behind and the ref played on, 10 seconds later we put the ball out of play and said player on floor came his senses, on comes trainer and he was still bemoaning the ref, a few around me were doing the 'he dived' stuff but it was a clear foul for me.... (Been tiling all day so not seen OP incident)

Back