A&H

City Seeeeaaaguls

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
I am massively partisan here having seen most of Brighton’s 83 cup run and the Shef Weds Bton Highbury semi being the greatest game of my life ( I was 9, in the sun, behind the goal, Case!).

So far no drama. But I do like that the ARs have flags that match their shirts!
Highlight of the first quarter was when Taylor did some very smart refereeing and intentionally burst a balloon!

The Referee Store
That VAR decision raises the bar even higher for these locking antler incidents. Hope they would have reached the same decision if that was a Brighton player because that was a red card offence based on other precedents

Last edited:
Can someone explain how Walker wasn't sent off?

That was the clearest red VAR would have to give all throughout the FA cup.

With such a clear balls up, you naturally would start to think about the possibility of match fixing/cheating?

With such a clear balls up, you naturally would start to think about the possibility of match fixing/cheating?

Old chestnut. The motioning of the head is deemed as aggressive. Hence the yellow
Using the head for an act of brutality, is a red

There was no act of brutality here.

Old chestnut. The motioning of the head is deemed as aggressive. Hence the yellow
Using the head for an act of brutality, is a red

There was no act of brutality here.

So if a player softly punches someone, it's only a yellow because it wasn't hard enough? :eek:

So if a player softly punches someone, it's only a yellow because it wasn't hard enough? :eek:

The key word is, brutality
And that's why he was not sent off.
And yes, plenty cases already (very high profile in Scotland) this season of "gentle" strikes and kicks not being punished, even after Complience Officer review

Brutality. if its an act of brutality, red
If its not, no red, more than likely yellow, for , aggression

And in the clip, the head makes no contact at all, merely motions towards the opponent. not brutal in any way

Old hat again but certainly here, a high profile court case and threat of legal action influenced things. A similar incident tbh
The player threatened to sue for slander, claiming he was being accused of an act of violence, when, there was none....

Prob the best way of looking at it is, Beckhams flick of boot in the world cup, red then, is not a red today, although its still kicks, or attempts to kick.

edit Page 104 give you the perfect definition of yesterdays incident.....
"a player who..........is guilty of v/c, unless the force used was negligible"

which should answer your question re "softly"

Last edited:

Don't forget VAR protocol. It's not there to ignore Taylor's original decision and make it's own, it's there to see if Taylor's original decision was a 'clear and obvious' error.

So no red on review is correct. Incidently, if Taylor had gone red initially then when reviewed by VAR I'm certain that the decision would've remained red too.

Well I'm baffled. Headbutting, punching and kicking a player/official/anyone has no place in football, regardless of how much 'force' was behind it.

You couldn't walk up to a police officer on the street and do what walker did - you be done for assaulting a police officer. Don't see how it can be deemed acceptable because it didn't have enough power behind it to cause harm.

P. S. I'm not a salty Utd/Liverpool fan. I wouldn't mind seeing City do the quadruple. Probably an occasion that may never come round again any time soon.

These incidents are inconsistently dealt with. This one raises the bar in England
Again, huge pressure on referees not to dismiss the star attractions. No care about how it effects the rest of us without the glare of the tv cameras

Last edited:
Well I'm baffled. Headbutting, punching and kicking a player/official/anyone has no place in football, regardless of how much 'force' was behind it.

You couldn't walk up to a police officer on the street and do what walker did - you be done for assaulting a police officer. Don't see how it can be deemed acceptable because it didn't have enough power behind it to cause harm.

P. S. I'm not a salty Utd/Liverpool fan. I wouldn't mind seeing City do the quadruple. Probably an occasion that may never come round again any time soon.

The lotg are clear, on the page I referenced.
Its not for us to agree or disagree, merely we carry out the laws

Back