A&H

Chelsea Spurs Lo Celso

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
So, you will see this soon enough, but after 25 replays clearly showing SFP missed by Oliver, blatant red card stamp, VAR tells MO...

Nothing...

Totally insane.

The Referee Store
I've got Andy Townsend on commentary going nuts quite rightly. Wondering how, also pointing out the lack of communication is nauseating.

...and making the point that MO had all the time in the world to go to the monitor himself as Azpi received treatment for a good 2 mins.

Reactions: JH
I can not believe I just saw that not be overturned... How clear does your SFP need to be?

Yet again Peter Walton on BT Sport commentary completely gets it wrong, says they are checking for VC and because he is trying to play the ball, it's not a red. They checked for SFP, which it absolutely was.

This comm team just said they heard word that the no offence was justified because the player had "nowhere else to put his foot".

That is re-refereeing and making the laws up. It really is the worst possible use for VAR. Obviously they don't want to send off a Spurs player at 2-0 down in a global showpiece, ending the contest (and Jose drama) after 50 minutes.

Just terrible. And it's going to be the story of the weekend. And it makes all referees look stupid. And it gives more breath to Wenger's crazy plans.

PGMOL really need a kick up the backside at this point because this is really getting away from them.

...and Jose just blanked Frank at the death... bizarre game. I wonder how much this affects MO. This was a massive game. Is this the kind of thing that will affect MO's standing with UEFA/FIFA? You can see where I am going with this. How much is VAR and the EPL interpretation affecting elite referees? Is this season's bizarre goings on going to mean a lost generation of elite English referees being down the list for the major finals...?

Yeah I thought he blanked him too. Odd behaviour.

I don't think missing the tackle in real time is huge error, it's completely on his blind side. The 4th is very close but looking the wrong way.

Haven’t seen it yet but for Stuart Pearce to say it’s red I’m thinking the turd polishers in the Stockley Clown tent may have dropped one here!

Reactions: es1
Working as intended then.

Sorry, I just feel that PGMOL (or whoever is in charge of the VAR Protocol) have deliberately set out to be obtuse and make the process as crap as possible. It's working. Half the comments I see on Twitter etc are rage against VAR and the other half is wondering why they can't be like Europe and just use common sense and the pitch-side monitor. :wall:

Reactions: one
Blatant stamp? Nope. Na-uh. No way. Not for me.

Not being devils advocate for a change, but 100% believe those statements I’ve just made.

Serious foul play? Absolutely. Abso-frigging-lutely. Endangered the safety of the opponent, although I accept it was largely unintentional.

Now to clarify the first statement before anybody jumps on me. Where is the aggressive downward motion? Where is the trigger release of the knee exerting the rapid, forceful downward pressure? They are key to a “blatant” premeditated stamp. All absent.

As for the VAR snafu, ECW fans had a chant that sums it up.

The Lunstram one at Bramall Lane was reviewed too, watching it Live it looked fine but seeing MOTD I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd of walked!!!

Back