A&H

Chelsea - Manchester United

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Lets go!

Herrera red card nailed on case of persistent infringement but by more than one player. Hazard constantly fouled, gets a free kick and is immediately fouled again. 100% caution and just happened to be his second. Well done Mr Oliver

The Referee Store
  1. Threads merged:
    Mooseybaby
    Ander Hererra sent off for 2 first half yellows, both poor challenges. The 2nd yellow/red coming just seconds after Phil Jones got a lengthy lecture for 2 pushes in the back on an apponent.

Case of persistent infringement by the team and Michael Oliver's patience running out?

Just posted the same thing (posting from phone and didn't see this thread).

2 poor challenges by Herrera. Jones is pushing his luck big style. Herrera must have the brains of a rocking horse committing the second foul immediately after Jones receiving a well deserved reprimand.

Yes, and I've said the same in the Persistent Infringement topic. United have clearly decided to take Hazard out at every opportunity and it has backfired. Herrera must have rocks for brains to make that challenge on a caution immediately after Jones gets warned for similar.

Great to see Herrera getting punished (as a neutral hehe). I have watched him cheat on the big screen so much.

Kante, best player outside Spain and Munich?

Kante can win a poor team the title, and an OK team the double.

Well done MOliver so far especially in the face of the complaining and grabbing around the RC

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't be a just coincidence that Leicester won the title last season and Chelsea are currently leading the way in the Premier league. Cracking strike by Kante.

Possible repercussions for United for their players surrounding Michael Oliver following the red card?

Standing perfectly still and being run into is a caution now?
Hazard has probably been fould half of the times he's won a free kick.
Good to see Mr Oliver continuing his fine run of sending off Man Utd players

Crikey I forgot I was on the Michael "Nepotism" Oliver fan club forum, forget all I just said

LOL what seems to be rather amusing to me is that, by retiring, Lord Ferg seems to have knocked MU well and truly off their perch, no?
Biggest wages in the league. Most cash. Hilarious dive by Costa there. And additional swearing shown on camera. What a wonderful ad for the beautiful game.

Standing perfectly still and being run into is a caution now?
Hazard has probably been fould half of the times he's won a free kick.
Good to see Mr Oliver continuing his fine run of sending off Man Utd players
Look objectively- irrespective of club affiliation (which seems to be coming through, so apologies if I am mistaken).

The same player has been fouled repeatedly. The conversation seemed to be the referee saying just that, so the caution would be justified, whomever fouled him. Had Jones done it again it would have been him. It's a clear case of persistent infringement my multiple players.

Oliver has apparently forgotten his cards in the second half...

Utd have lost their composure and are lunging in all over the shop. Pogba pulls a player back? Nothing happens.

Valencia lucky to escape with no sanction whatsoever. Off the ground; out of control arguably. Wouldn't have argued with red there either

Was just thinking that, Keown saying 'he's happy with it because he's gone in on his side'. Completely out of control, has acted recklessly without any care for the player's safety. Think it therefore satisfies the criteria for a yellow but you could certainly argue a red for that (and we've seen them given).

Hazard had 4 fouls given against him in 40ish mins (only 3 of which were actaully fouls). Hardly kicked off the pitch.
Considering Herrera first caution was for a foul ON HAZARD (the second foul given on Hazard) we are saying 2 fouls = PI??? Good luck finishing any match with 11 v 11
Oliver has gone on to fail to caution Cahill, Costa, Valencia (TWICE) and Pogba all for much clearer cautions.
He knows he messed up and has gone to pieces

Presume Michael Oliver got bored of issuing cards, can be the only reason Rojo, Valencia and Pogba escaped cards for persistent infringement during the 2nd half.

Presume Michael Oliver got bored of issuing cards, can be the only reason Rojo, Valencia and Pogba escaped cards for persistent infringement during the 2nd half.
Somebody reminded him he was on tv and needed to ensure the "entertainment" was not curtailed by him applying the LotG. This is not why the masses pay for their SkySports subscriptions Mr Oliver.

/tongueremovedfromcheek

Well done Michael for doing what you did, just a shame it couldn't be continued.

Back