A&H

Charlie Austin rant

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Austin has somehow not been punished by the FA but his massive rant on TV. Can’t help but feel that’s a poor decision and sends out all the wrong messages. Can almost guarantee that’s gonna make some kids think they can say all sorts to the ref because Austin got away with it. What do you all think?

Don’t forget Jansson got a fine AND a suspension for ‘bringing the game into disrepute’ but much less than what Austin did

The Referee Store
At risk of the comparison sounding boring, if our referee friend is missing 3 weeks for disrespecting the game (when there a valid argument he was doing it a turn by starting it on time) then no, someone who bring the game into disrepute in front of millions should also receive his punishment.

I would not known about the womens referee had it not been revealed to the media that he had been punished, so the only reason the incident was brought to my attention was from the FA themselves !!!
Whereas Austin has used his position in front of the worlds media to share his (rightful) discontent at a referee decision.

At risk of the comparison sounding boring, if our referee friend is missing 3 weeks for disrespecting the game (when there a valid argument he was doing it a turn by starting it on time) then no, someone who bring the game into disrepute in front of millions should also receive his punishment.

I would not known about the womens referee had it not been revealed to the media that he had been punished, so the only reason the incident was brought to my attention was from the FA themselves !!!
Whereas Austin has used his position in front of the worlds media to share his (rightful) discontent at a referee decision.

I agree. By punishing the referee for that (it was unprofessional but he got the game started and there were literally no issues) and letting Austin say all that, only to give him ‘the benefit of the doubt’ is just sending out all the wrong messages by The FA

Its topical at the moment and probably for a while to compare anything that happens, to the referee stone scissors man

clearly that wont ring true forever but someone somewhere has got their priorities a bit wrong, maybe next weekend a referee should go on MOTD after the game and slag off the performance of whatever team he had that day

what's good for the goose....

Its topical at the moment and probably for a while to compare anything that happens, to the referee stone scissors man

clearly that wont ring true forever but someone somewhere has got their priorities a bit wrong, maybe next weekend a referee should go on MOTD after the game and slag off the performance of whatever team he had that day

Would love to see a ref tell a player ‘he clearly needs help’ after a bad game on tv

Would love to see a ref tell a player ‘he clearly needs help’ after a bad game on tv

Well in a perfect world, fans always say they are dying for the refs to speak to the press after the game !!

With them all lined up ready to hear why the goal was disallowed it would indeed be legendary for the ref to take to the mic and lay into the players instead ! Tbh, given the chance, i feel Clattenburg would have been a candidate for that!

He was right but as I mentioned previously, he, unsurprisingly, didn't acknowledge that Southampton benefitted from the same referee's error in not awarding the oppo a pretty stonewall penalty.

A referee I was with DID get fed up with a player at full time and when he continued moaning said something like 'You lost 7-1 mate so maybe look at your own performance before mine' - as satisfying and 'fair' as it is, it never looks or sounds very 'professional' though!

but much less than what Austin did
Total fan bias, utter cadswallop.

Jansson swore on live tv. Then proceeded to say that the referee had robbed them.

Vs

Austins rant where he said the officials cost them 2 points, it was a joke and thay they needed VAR.

I don agree with no punishment but to say what Austin said/did was worse than Jansson is totally incorrect.

Total fan bias, utter cadswallop.

Jansson swore on live tv. Then proceeded to say that the referee had robbed them.

Vs

Austins rant where he said the officials cost them 2 points, it was a joke and thay they needed VAR.

I don agree with no punishment but to say what Austin said/did was worse than Jansson is totally incorrect.
Jansson didn’t swear about the referee, that was taken completely out of context. The reporter asked how he felt about drawing and he said “it feels sh1t”. I think both of the incidents are very similar and it doesn’t seem fair for one to get punished and the other to be ignored”

Jansson didn’t swear about the referee, that was taken completely out of context. The reporter asked how he felt about drawing and he said “it feels sh1t”. I think both of the incidents are very similar and it doesn’t seem fair for one to get punished and the other to be ignored”
With or without context he has committed offinabus. I mean I wouldnt send off for that but truth is he has used, what some people would consider an offensive word. Couple with that it was on tele before the water shed you can bet some saddos will have written to OFCOM to complain. That lands the broadcaster and content provider in hot water with the regulator.
People are only making a big thing of it as he was quite impassioned but did he actually do or say anything that was out of line. If memory serves me, I dont think he did.
What I am saying is the implications of each players actions are totally different. To say that Austins was worse is wrong. If you do truly believe that I'd love to hear your rationale behind it..

A referee I was with DID get fed up with a player at full time and when he continued moaning said something like 'You lost 7-1 mate so maybe look at your own performance before mine' - as satisfying and 'fair' as it is, it never looks or sounds very 'professional' though!

Yeah I have done than, more so to managers at the end, and sometimes to subs who come on for a team being trashed then try to get stuck into me !
its not right and no, its a 99% no no

They are completely different situations. Jansson tells the cameras that the referees robbed them, implying that they made a conscious decision to stop them getting the points which is essentially accusing a referee of cheating

Austin, whilst an unnecessary rant, only pointed out that the decision from the referee cost them 2 points due to a mistake then went onto say that they need support from VAR (in what was a clear mistake made by the officials).

One is an accusation, the other is an observation.

I feel like the Leeds tinted glasses have got in the way of your reading of the situation a bit unfortunately

They are completely different situations. Jansson tells the cameras that the referees robbed them, implying that they made a conscious decision to stop them getting the points which is essentially accusing a referee of cheating

Austin, whilst an unnecessary rant, only pointed out that the decision from the referee cost them 2 points due to a mistake then went onto say that they need support from VAR (in what was a clear mistake made by the officials).

One is an accusation, the other is an observation.

I feel like the Leeds tinted glasses have got in the way of your reading of the situation a bit unfortunately
I agree, but the delusion is strong with this one QR? Its always someone else fault!! :angel: MOT!!!

total coincidence yesterdays VAR announcement seemingly after Austins rant?

I suspect it is..but, you just never know if someone up above has had enough

Back