A&H

Celtic vs Salzburg

The Referee Store
I've not seen defending so bad since the trial of William Wallace..... Goal for me, it's similar to the one in the UCL final last time....

I think the goal should stand, but taking the disallowed goal from the UCL, the goal ought to have been chalked off especially as this Salzburg goal is more blatant

I've not seen defending so bad since the trial of William Wallace..... Goal for me, it's similar to the one in the UCL final last time....
Maybe I'm imagining it, but i thought there was an example of this in the World Cup also. I have the memory of a goldfish

What's the argument for it being disallowed? Seems like a perfectly good goal to me.
No argument from me, but this has previously caused a big stir because a less obvious interference resulted in a disallowed goal

I think he's released it and it's a good goal.

The GK releases so quick the player doesn't have time to attempt to prevent the release.
Then the GK releases and the player reacts and intercepts.

Daft goalkeeping. Great attacking IMHO

He's moving to kick the ball while the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing, while he doesn't prevent the release per se he can still be punished for the second part of the fourth bullet point.

Looks to me like he stuck his leg out as the keeper was releasing - that stride looked different. It was him running and the keeper threw it into him - he saw the release coming and stretch the leg out. No goal for me, but no card.
EDIT: I was just thinking, this would be so much simpler if there was more obligation on the attacker to avoid the keeper. I mean, there's no reason at all for the attacker to run across the keeper's path, but we've all accepted these delaying tactics. I'd rather see the game put more responsibility on the attacker here and leave the keeper free to distribute.

Last edited:
Looks to me like he stuck his leg out as the keeper was releasing - that stride looked different. It was him running and the keeper threw it into him - he saw the release coming and stretch the leg out. No goal for me, but no card.
He didn't prevent the release though, it was already released!!

Oh what nonsense. Blocking the release immediately in front of the keeper is still preventing the release. Just because it's left the hand doesn't mean it's been released.

Unless you're arguing it's perfectly fine to jump up in front of the keeper to block the kick.
A very highly qualified referee yards from the incident disagrees with you prognosis!!!

A very highly qualified referee yards from the incident disagrees with you prognosis!!!
Yeah, because televised officials have never gotten anything wrong before. :rolleyes:

May as well shut down the 'as seen on TV' section, if you reckon that we should only just be posting in agreement with the referee!! :rolleyes:

Back