A&H

Celtic v Motherwell

The Referee Store
Wow, that's a difficult angle to judge from! There's absolutely no attempt on the ball, so once he's given the penalty, red is the only correct sanction. I'm far from convinced that there's enough contact for that though, my instinct would be no foul.

Yeah a very tough camera angle to make a decent judgement. The ref had a relatively good view.
At first glance it looks like the foul was for clipping the back foot. It looks close but I doubt any contact was made there. The most likely scenario and what I think happened is that the defender's left arm pulled the attackers left arm twisting him just enough for him to loose balance.

In a natural running motion the movement of the arms and feet are asymmetrical. I.e the right foot and left arm move forward and backward together. In this case the defenders left arm is fully stretched forward while it should be backward (in fact both his arms are forward). It also seems as though the defenders left arm is behind the attackers left arm. Am I over analysing?
upload_2017-11-28_12-45-17.png

not even going to try from that angle. Ref is within a few feet - absolutely brilliant positioning......so.....he's right.

Back