A&H

Carding the manager

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Had an incident today which I feel I made the wrong decision for. Following the overruling of an offside flag from a CAR and subsequent goal being scored. CAR (who wasn’t a sub) and a spectator claiming to be a qualified ref run into the pitch to argue with me, and then consistently refuse to leave until I threaten abandonment. However, as the CAR was wearing club attire, but not somebody named on the team sheet, I showed a red to the manager in order for somebody to take responsibility for these actions. Was this correct?

Just to add, a misconduct has gone in for this, and then approaching me again at the FT in the middle of the FOP

The Referee Store
I think you're wrong there, the carding the manager option is really for comments from the bench where you can't identify who the perpetrator was, which doesn't fit in your case.

If they're not named, just wearing club attire you can obviously report the club post match and remove CAR from duty there and then but not sure what else you could do.

I think you're wrong there, the carding the manager option is really for comments from the bench where you can't identify who the perpetrator was, which doesn't fit in your case.

If they're not named, just wearing club attire you can obviously report the club post match and remove CAR from duty there and then but not sure what else you could do.
Yeah that’s what I’ve come away thinking. At the time, I’ve seen the attire, he’s refused to give his name so I’ve sent off the manager going down the route of not controlling his side, but hindsight suggests that’s probably wrong

Either way, the county should correct it and punish the right offender as you’ve put in an extraordinary report. 👍

Back