A&H

Cardiff v Brighton

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Bit of luck for Colin,

'Modern' red card for the slide tackle.... and an offside goal....Thoughts!!!

The Referee Store
No offside. Behind the ball or level at worst.

Red card all day, all year, all dacade and all this century. Maybe orange last century.

Dont think you will get a referee who thinks it anything but a red card, the fan in the stand or in front of his tv and Sunday league manager will disagree though.

I have found the clip
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/vide...taking-off-shirt-during-goal-celebration.html

Really hard to spot. I think the initial back header is a Brighton head, and then the second header for the bicycle kick he is not offside when the ball is played... even though it is impossible to tell in real time because during that second header the cardiff/bton last feet change repeatedly.

So, even as a Bton boy (I was at the Gordon Smith final) it’s a good goal from what I can see.

I have found the clip
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/vide...taking-off-shirt-during-goal-celebration.html

Really hard to spot. I think the initial back header is a Brighton head, and then the second header for the bicycle kick he is not offside when the ball is played... even though it is impossible to tell in real time because during that second header the cardiff/bton last feet change repeatedly.

So, even as a Bton boy (I was at the Gordon Smith final) it’s a good goal from what I can see.

Agree, I can only assume they are complaining about the first ball that goes to Bamba, not realising it was their own player that headed it.

Agree, I can only assume they are complaining about the first ball that goes to Bamba, not realising it was their own player that headed it.

Actually, having just seen it again and slowed down on Goals on Sunday, it appears that Bamba was just offside when the header comes in from a Cardiff player that he then overhead kicks. It's a bit deceptive as he steps back in immediately after the header, but they drew a line across at the time of the header and he was just off.

I think he is offside for the overhead kick.

And how the officials never saw Bamba take his shirt off? What were they looking at when he celebrated? He took it off almost instantly and ran towards the assistant that side.

I have only seen it briefly, and quickly

Guess, AR concentrating on guy closest to him, and loses track of Bamba in the middle.

Thats only human.

Wrong call, but, a forgivable one

Back