A&H

Brentford V Bournemouth

JamesL

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Handball for me. Will try to get a link.
Gillett's got a game on his hands here...

The Referee Store
Then what the hell was toney getting a card after begovic went running after him with the ball?
It’ll be the retaliation push in the back of Begovic. While it seems harsh, players are always told never to retaliate

Handball for me. Will try to get a link.
Gillett's got a game on his hands here...
Penalty for me as well. Both arms above his body when he slides in and both held together. I can’t believe the commentators called that ‘natural’

Do you remember that post I said about time wasting?
Well Bournemouth literally strolling to take a corner. Why isn't Gillet dealing with it now?

I think if I were the referee I'd be clamping down on this one giving the 'Soft' fouls everywhere. Yes it's a playoff semi but not a free for all.
Actually missed the begovic /toney incident as was typing the post 🤣🤣🤣

Easiest red he’ll ever give. Ref doing a great job in an incredibly heated game so far
Was that another pen? Think so for me but can see why not given.
He'll be knackered at half time this rate.
Love the playoffs.

Arms are above shoulder level and it's not a deflection so arms being in a natural position is irrelevant under the current laws.
Very good point actually, I wonder if any of the pundits will mention that part of the law at HT :rolleyes:

Was that another pen? Think so for me but can see why not given.
He'll be knackered at half time this rate.
Love the playoffs.
Definitely argument for a penalty but would be a tough spot in real-time for the ref. One of those where it can be justified either way I think

Brentford manager was very vocal for VAR.

I assume it would have been used for the penalty and probably given and also maybe for the Mepham incident earlier in the game where it appeared he kicked Toney when Toney was given a free kick.

Arms are above shoulder level and it's not a deflection so arms being in a natural position is irrelevant under the current laws.
Not a natural position IMO anyway - deliberately making himself bigger to block the cross.

Ouch, would you be giving another penalty for that at the far post when the Brentford player chested out for goal kick and the Bournemouth player came through back?
Felt he may have gained control from the chest if he wasn't fouled.

Back