A&H

Blackburn penalty

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Only seen it once, but what are your thoughts on the Blackburn penalty vs Leeds? Minimal contact but can see why he gave it. Interesting decision too as he played the advantage for a missed shot then brought it back for the pen which doesn’t happen often. Like I said, I’ve only seen it once and wanted your thoughts.

The Referee Store
Not seen this yet but the ref at the Lane today was as bad as I’ve seen in many a long year! He made Stroud look like a World Cup referee...

I've seen it once at full speed and it looks like a late challenge. There is zero reaction from the Leeds players and this tells me it was a correct decision.

As for Mr E at Bramall Lane, I felt sorry for him. He had several incidents to deal with and there's some development in most of them. I know him and have to say that he must have been wearing a lot of kit today as he looked bulked up around the middle and didn't seem to be moving well at low pace (when moving quickly he looked ok).

Nice to see Naaarwich keeping it interesting by getting a draw. I'll take 4 points from our next two games.

Last edited:
I've seen it once at full speed and it looks like a late challenge. There is zero reaction from the Leeds players and this tells me it was a correct decision.

As for Mr E at Bramall Lane, I felt sorry for him. He had several incidents to deal with and there's some development in most of them. I know him and have to say that he must have been wearing a lot of kit today as he looked bulked up around the middle and didn't seem to be moving well at low pace (when moving quickly he looked ok.

Nice to see Naaarwich keeping it interesting by getting a draw. I'll take 4 points from our next two games.
I think there was more of a reaction afterwards but I didn’t record anymore, I don’t think many knew what it was for at first. What about the advantage. I like to play the advantage in my games so would like to take something away from this example

I think there was more of a reaction afterwards but I didn’t record anymore, I don’t think many knew what it was for at first. What about the advantage. I like to play the advantage in my games so would like to take something away from this example

Does he play advantage or is he just slow blowing?

Reactions: JH
One view only.... penalty...... 🤫

Leeds look a class act this year, no falling apart just yet! 😢

The only other player on the pitch that looked to be carrying more than the referee was Tom Huddlestone, a huge unit these days!

Last edited:
What makes me laugh about the clip is number 26 who hasn’t seen it at all and thinks it’s just a missed shot until he sees his teammates appeal and joins in😂

Hard to say with the clip but it looks simply a delayed whistle, which, if happens on the half way line, everybody applauds as good refereeing as we are waiting to see what happens next....
Pk for me regardless here.

I suppose we are all a bit biased towards our own teams, with this in mind I’ve decided to help @alexv out with his LUFC eyesight!

Hope they fit..... 🧐

6963021F-A8AB-4AF3-95E1-E05D778BA02C.jpeg

One view only.... penalty...... 🤫

Leeds look a class act this year, no falling apart just yet! 😢

The only other player on the pitch that looked to be carrying more than the referee was Tom Huddlestone, a huge unit these days!
Still December Daz; we start falling apart after our customary exit in the 3rd round of the FA Cup to a lower division team. Either that or we suffer from fixture pile up. I will begin to get excited if we are in the same position with 3 games to play #beensupportingsince72andknowwecanstillfuckitup

Still December Daz; we start falling apart after our customary exit in the 3rd round of the FA Cup to a lower division team. Either that or we suffer from fixture pile up. I will begin to get excited if we are in the same position with 3 games to play #beensupportingsince72andknowwecanstillfuckitup
Feels weird winning this many games in a row but I do like. Although it’s getting my heart rate higher than most of my games...

Feels weird winning this many games in a row but I do like. Although it’s getting my heart rate higher than most of my games...
I remember Grayson's teams winning 10 in a row but included some cup games. We can beat Hull on Saturday and then have a tricky trip to Forest (one of my favourite grounds and favourite other teams). I am getting a bit excited now, not much though as I remember spectacular disasters coming from this point onwards.

Back