A&H

Bjorn, Lionel, Virgil and Barca Liv

The Referee Store
I need to see it again full-speed as I was looking away at the key moment, but I'm surprised to see you say that! In the slow-mo, it looked like a textbook careless challenge and I was definitely expecting at least a VAR delay.

Happy that handball wasn't given. Still have seen those punished in the CL and in Spain, so can understand the Barca complaints

Rakatic on Keita though. Easy reckless. Vidal also got off lightly for blatant holding on the advantage. 2 big decisions for Barca there.

Rakatic on Keita though. Easy reckless. Vidal also got off lightly for blatant holding on the advantage. 2 big decisions for Barca there.
True, although I think Matip got away with what should have been a SPA yellow there thanks to field position, even though no other defender was anywhere near him. At least the ref is being consistently lenient....

Milner made sure to make contact on Messi, but he was very weak on the dissent surrounding it. Messi gesturing for a card, Suarez told to go away, keeps arguing and just gets ignored...not a good look.

Bjorn has got his cards with him, phew
It's probably one of those games where there's going to be 4 or 5 yellow cards in the 2nd half no matter what the referee does. So if he can avoid giving 2 or 3 in the 1st half, hes more likely to manage his way through this with 22 players on the field. Is it the best way to apply the laws of the game? Maybe not. But managing it is how you reach the top of European football and get a champions league semi final assignment.

Virgil passive today. And backtracking and turning when faced by a dribbler. Not my hero’s usual dominating showing.

Back