A&H

Bielsa’s referee comments

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Before I start, I don’t wanna hear it... We don’t deserve to go up after that and Blades and Norwich do. Anyway...

Nice to see a touch of class from a manager when the referee makes a game/season defining error. Bielsa said that he doesn’t like making comments on the referee as ‘they have a hard job’ and they are ‘allowed to make mistakes’. Makes such a good change to see a manager on the receiving end of a poor call speak highly and respectfully of referees, unlike a certain manager in the Prem. I’ll try to find the interview but I’ll post the mistake here; not sure how he missed it as he’s perfectly positioned. Well spotted on Watkins’ simulation though

https://www.skysports.com/football/...atrick-bamford-denied-penalty-in-leeds-defeat

The Referee Store
I don't think Bielsa saw this coming, he thought they'd roll over and have their tummies tickled (Like Hull did). Second best team Brentford I saw last season, got some decent players and new stadium on the horizon... ABAW

I don't think Bielsa saw this coming, he thought they'd roll over and have their tummies tickled (Like Hull did). Second best team Brentford I saw last season, got some decent players and new stadium on the horizon... ABAW
I don’t think we expected them to roll over tbh. Just cannot finish at all and it’s cost us

A lot of young players could learn from Bielsa' s interview and the respect he shows to us referees. Even if we don't get promoted he has been a breath of fresh air to the English game.
Really hope we keep him even if we don’t go up. Such a great guy and it killed me seeing him and Pablo upset

I don't think it was showing respect to referees, more like he didn't want to be reprimanded for what he really thought.

I don't think Stroud got much wrong.
I do think he could have given a penalty, but Bamford was also looking/waiting for the contact instead of wanting to retain possession. He could quite easily have scored too, though its Bamford, so the ball may have ended up in Stamford Bridge.
The decision to caution Watkins was baffling. He was definitely trod on by Forshaw, who even held his hands up in a guilty fashion. Instead, the ref went on reputation and cautioned him. For me, both could/should have been given, but if he didn't think they were fouls, they were definitely looking for it and should both got a caution.
Cautioning Maupay for picking the ball up and throwing it back to the defender to take the free kick in the correct place was also baffling, considering the same happened earlier in the game in reverse. Difference being, Brentford were winning.

Generally though, I thought he had a good game.
Brentford deserved the win. Leeds may have had a couple more shots, more possession too, but its what is done with the ball that wins games, not holding it.

I don't think it was showing respect to referees, more like he didn't want to be reprimanded for what he really thought.

I don't think Stroud got much wrong.
I do think he could have given a penalty, but Bamford was also looking/waiting for the contact instead of wanting to retain possession. He could quite easily have scored too, though its Bamford, so the ball may have ended up in Stamford Bridge.
The decision to caution Watkins was baffling. He was definitely trod on by Forshaw, who even held his hands up in a guilty fashion. Instead, the ref went on reputation and cautioned him. For me, both could/should have been given, but if he didn't think they were fouls, they were definitely looking for it and should both got a caution.
Cautioning Maupay for picking the ball up and throwing it back to the defender to take the free kick in the correct place was also baffling, considering the same happened earlier in the game in reverse. Difference being, Brentford were winning.

Generally though, I thought he had a good game.
Brentford deserved the win. Leeds may have had a couple more shots, more possession too, but its what is done with the ball that wins games, not holding it.
Bielsa has a history of defending referees. Besides, it’s still better than making ugly comments unlike Warnock. Bamford should’ve shot but was definitely fouled imo. Think the dive was a dive but I thought you could’ve had a pen for Ayling’s challenge instead. Ref probably did it on purpose to save us the embarrassment of us inevitably missing anyway...

Bielsa has a history of defending referees. Besides, it’s still better than making ugly comments unlike Warnock. Bamford should’ve shot but was definitely fouled imo. Think the dive was a dive but I thought you could’ve had a pen for Ayling’s challenge instead. Ref probably did it on purpose to save us the embarrassment of us inevitably missing anyway...

The dive? Watkins one? Definitely clipped.
I actually think the Aylings tackle was a good tackle.

Either way, Sky Sports Leeds thought the ones on Brentford were never fouls, and the one on Leeds was.
So who are we to argue?

The dive? Watkins one? Definitely clipped.
I actually think the Aylings tackle was a good tackle.

Either way, Sky Sports Leeds thought the ones on Brentford were never fouls, and the one on Leeds was.
So who are we to argue?
I thought he left his foot hanging. Brings me to ask, why wasn’t Bamford’s a yellow if it wasn’t a pen because he certainly didn’t get the ball

Since the spygate saga, Leeds have lost 41% of their matches compared to 18% before and including the Derby match...
Think injuries and just a lack of good finishing is to blame. Playing mostly good football like before and have the highest expected goals in the league but we don’t take our chances as well as we used to

Think injuries and just a lack of good finishing is to blame. Playing mostly good football like before and have the highest expected goals in the league but we don’t take our chances as well as we used to
Highest expected goals??? Who by? Leeds fans?? You're the 5th highest scorers in the league. Third best defensively.... We are the fourth best attacking and joint best defensively!!...

Highest expected goals??? Who by? Leeds fans?? You're the 5th highest scorers in the league. Third best defensively.... We are the fourth best attacking and joint best defensively!!...
It’s some stat which works out how many goals a team is expected to get based on chances and chance creation. Shows we’re good at creating chances but recently absolutely useless at putting them away

Back