A&H

Bear Hug Red

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee

Jump to 14'.00 onwards, plenty of angles.

Never seen this done before in any game. Agree with red? YC for the keeper too??

Other incidents in the game too.....

The Referee Store
It isn't clear who got sent off. Did red 3 go, I could see a white shirt player go off but can't see number?

Can't believe I'm now watching the entirety of these YouTube posts :confused: :yawn:
White 19 bit off more than he could chew when barging into Red 3. Ref gets right in the middle of it and stays there, quite literally
Low contact/foul threshold throughout and is card happy, hence Red 3 harshly sent off
Take a look at minute 19:00
Player sent off for second yellow. Ref then realises it was his first. Makes me realise the importance of a proper process when issuing sanctions.

Last edited:
Can't believe I'm now watching the entirety of these YouTube posts :confused: :yawn:
White 19 bit off more than he could chew when barging into Red 3. Ref gets right in the middle of it and stays there, quite literally
Low contact/foul threshold throughout and is card happy, hence Red 3 harshly sent off
Take a look at minute 19:00
Player sent off for second yellow. Ref then realises it was his first. Makes me realise the importance of a proper process when issuing sanctions.

And the fact it wasn't even a foul!

Red 3 has to go. If not for a straight red on the bear-hug, lift and carry, it would certainly be a double yellow. One for the reckless charge, and another yellow for the bear hug.

Yellow for the keeper too.
Yellow for white 19 for the aggression and starting the mass-con.

Good help by AR1 but ref could have handled it better.

Agree with @one . Not a fan of the carding technique - especially the one early on where he flashes it to a player who isn't even in shot, without saying a word to him

Back